braveheartajek's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The Benefits are GREAT but the SATISFACTION is even BETTER!

I became a Local Guide in August just after I started using Google Maps as a beta tester. I have since reached Level 5 in less than a month and I still continue to make lots and lots of contributions. I do enjoy my 100GB extra Drive storage as I am a Google fanatic and love everything Google. However, my desire to participate in the program has been the satisfaction I get from making the map useful for Sierra Leoneans and people visiting my country.

Before I became a Local Guide, I was only interested in looking out for my friends houses on Maps because there weren't much content there for Sierra Leone. My journey to Level 5 has involved the addition of about 150 businesses. These are mostly top businesses in Sierra Leone that never featured on the map and I often wondered why that was the case for my country when I compare the content on Maps in other places of the world. As there was nothing I could do about this, before now I had accepted that Maps wasn't for countries like Sierra Leone.

I am now however, confident and proud, that other Sierra Leoneans or visitors would not entirely feel this way and that Maps would work for everyone. I am happy that people can now search for restaurants or schools and see a better representation of these in their area and not just a fraction. There is still wayyyyy to go but the journey around Sierra Leone to map Sierra Leone has started and thanks to Google for developing the platform for this.

I have noticed there is no level above Level 5 yet but for me personally, I strive to a Level of Satisfaction and that never ends.

Alexander
Sierra Leone
14 comments
Googler

Re: The Benefits are GREAT but the SATISFACTION is even BETTER!

Thank you for sharing, @braveheartajek! I am happy to know that Sierra Leone is ready and waiting for me (and other Local Guides) on Google Maps! 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Yes, @TraciC! We are waiting for you.

Alexander
Level 8

Great achievement....

Continue your contribution and feel proud to be a part of Google Local Guide Community...

@Wenzz wrote:

I became a Local Guide in August just after I started using Google Maps as a beta tester. I have since reached Level 5 in less than a month and I still continue to make lots and lots of contributions. I do enjoy my 100GB extra Drive storage as I am a Google fanatic and love everything Google. However, my desire to participate in the program has been the satisfaction I get from making the map useful for Sierra Leoneans and people visiting my country.

Before I became a Local Guide, I was only interested in looking out for my friends houses on Maps because there weren't much content there for Sierra Leone. My journey to Level 5 has involved the addition of about 150 businesses. These are mostly top businesses in Sierra Leone that never featured on the map and I often wondered why that was the case for my country when I compare the content on Maps in other places of the world. As there was nothing I could do about this, before now I had accepted that Maps wasn't for countries like Sierra Leone.

I am now however, confident and proud, that other Sierra Leoneans or visitors would not entirely feel this way and that Maps would work for everyone. I am happy that people can now search for restaurants or schools and see a better representation of these in their area and not just a fraction. There is still wayyyyy to go but the journey around Sierra Leone to map Sierra Leone has started and thanks to Google for developing the platform for this.

I have noticed there is no level above Level 5 yet but for me personally, I strive to a Level of Satisfaction and that never ends.

Ganesh Krishna Soordelu
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/107546818522123617136/reviews/@13.0054542,77.5676733,13z?hl=en
Former Google Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing this with us!

Level 8

Welcome, @Corrie. It's a pleasure adding stuff to Maps.

Alexander
Former Google Contributor

Thanks for sharing such a motivational story, @braveheartajek. It's great to have you with us 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 10

Level 8

Thanks @LuisRG! I am glad to be here.

Alexander
Level 3

@braveheartajek congratulations for such a great job! I hope i can go to Sierra Leone someday to discover all the places that you've registered!

Regards from Colombia!