Vinothraj's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Some places are not allowed even to write reviews and add photos.

Hi everyone,

I found some places in google map that are not allowed even to write reviews and add photos. 

I am trying to add some photos to following locations. Interesting thing is that Throwpathai Amman Kovil (the second link i have added) already have some photos added (don't know how?).

1. Shri Manikkap Pillayar Kovil
  2. Throwpathai Amman Kovil

Any good suggestion is welcome.

Thanks.

Vinoth Raj
Pandiruppu, Eastern Province, Sri Lanka
5 comments
Level 10

Re: Some places are not allowed even to write reviews and add photos.

Hi @Vinothraj, there are some objects on Maps that were added as vector shapes. Currently we cannot edit them (or add new ones) and the common specialty of these is that you cannot even add any usual features and photos to them either. 

We can only handle point like objects at the moment (although lately it has been possible to add photos to natural features, too).

Level 8

Thanks @Csaba.

But if we want to add more details like photos and reviews & ratings about such placess what I'd the alternative?

Cheers!

Vinoth

Vinoth Raj
Level 7

Any news on when they'll allow photos and reviews to be added to these places? Is it best to just add a new point? 

Level 10

@Davidd418 wrote:

Any news on when they'll allow photos and reviews to be added to these places? Is it best to just add a new point? 

No, you don't have to add another point just to add photos 😉

A public workaround is to select share a photo from your device and send it to maps: this will allow to select that place and upload the photo.

Level 7

I have some photos that were added to a place I created. The place was not approved but the photos are somehow being seen. How are people seeing the photos if the place was not approved?