s_tariq's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Some of my added places not published, despite of no duplicates, even sign board picture attached

Isn't it frustrating when you are actually trying to help google building their data, by putting in your extra efforts to mark businesses, public places etc on the google map.
But your efforts are discarded or kept pending just because there is a similar type of business nearby, why doesn't it is being allowed to go live after a proper verification?
Cant there be 2 Coffee Shops in a 200 meter radius?  Or Two Bank ATMs side by side?? 
And incase if your automated system feel, the new place creation needs to be verified, then it should assign the verification to other active local guides in the nearby location, so that can be analysed correctly, Because, How can a local guide sitting in Jakarta will be able to verify a place creation in Mumbai. Doesn't make any sense, right? Like all other local guides, I too used to work enthusiastically to make the google map better, but some of these weird, Artificial Intelligence features of place creation, really dishearten you, as they let your efforts go in vain.  

I guess Google should restructure the entire eco system, that can help their local guides (wage free employees) work better and should be at least rewarded by a valid place publish in return of their efforts.

For instance, I have attached a location, where my place creation was discarded

Peer Gate, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
15 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Some of my added places not published, despite of no duplicates, even sign board picture attache

Hello @s_tariq, it is very important as local guide to have patience... We learn that the hard way 😉

About your question: I have read here on the forum that new creations that are not automatically approved can't be reviewed by local guides (via Check the Facts we can only check suggested edits), but have to be reviewed by Google employees. And that can take take several months as the list is long.

Hence: patience...

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Re: Some of my added places not published, despite of no duplicates, even sign board picture attache

The software will pick up if there two places side by side and believe that they are duplicate if the data is the same. The three most important pieces of data are: Name: Address and Phone number. If you can not make these unique then you will have problems.

With Kind Regards

Colin 

Level 7

Did you refer Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied??

Lattoria, Local Guide Vlogger on Facebook & Youtube
Level 5

How can I cash my points

Level 10

Hi JanVanHaver,

@JanVanHaver wrote:

@Hello @S_tariI have read here on the forum that new creations that are not automatically approved can't be reviewed by local guides (via Check the Facts we can only check suggested edits), but have to be reviewed by Google employees. 

Are you saying that no "Pending Review" edits are processed through the "Check the Facts" feature?  Or am I misunderstanding what you wrote 😉

Connect Moderator

Well @MapWrangler, another LG (it's a while ago, I don't exactly remember who) claimed here that Check the Facts only shows edits to existing POIs that need to be reviewed, but never new additions. We then tried to get conclusive feedback from one of the moderators (I think Flash) but never saw that.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Hi JanVanHaver,

Well, I'm sorry to say I did misinterpret/misread what you wrote : (     You clearly wrote "new creations" -- but I misread/misinterpreted that as "new edits"!   (duh)

Of course, I dunno if new creations that aren't auto-approved are only reviewed by Googlers or not -- but at least it makes more sense to me ; )

Thanks for your reply.

Level 7

Even when all the mentioned fields are unique, the system detect it as duplicate just because the choosen category is the same, for instance, if u try to mark a restaurant besides another one, it wont let you do it

@colinchaffers wrote:

The software will pick up if there two places side by side and believe that they are duplicate if the data is the same. The three most important pieces of data are: Name: Address and Phone number. If you can not make these unique then you will have problems.

With Kind Regards

Colin 

Level 7

I did, but i don't think they get the map markings check by other local guides in that particular region, if they do, it will be of great help for all the local guides, as i have written in my question, a local guide sitting in NY cannot verify a listing for Indian region or a region in UAE, only the local guides can help for the verification of the new

@Lattoria wrote:

Did you refer Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied??

ly marked place, but there is no such option