JonasKL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Response Time of Maps Team

Hello!

What is the approximate response time of the maps team? I have submitted various maps issues to them since around february, but practically all the suggestions have not been acted upon. is there other channel or that is the only option.

Thank you

Regards

JonasK

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Kenya
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Response Time of Maps Team

Level 10
Solution

Level 9

Currently I am a lead moderator for my region, I have severally submitted requests for duplicate places to be pulled down. how long should this take or should I verify that the place is a duplicate?

I am abit perturbed.

Apart from the automated system, I believe Google should have initiated a parallel human workforce to counter check some of these issues.

But, I guess I will have to wait.

Regards

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
Level 10

@JonasKL wrote:

Currently I am a lead moderator for my region, I have severally submitted requests for duplicate places to be pulled down. how long should this take or should I verify that the place is a duplicate?

I am abit perturbed.

Apart from the automated system, I believe Google should have initiated a parallel human workforce to counter check some of these issues.

But, I guess I will have to wait.

Regards

As far as I know only Check the facts tool could help one each other on pending updates 😉

Level 8

@LucioV wrote:

As far as I know only Check the facts tool could help one each other on pending updates 😉

In my experience, Check the facts is totally unreliable regarding data corrections.

People correct things they have no knowledge about, presuming the submitted infos are corrects.

Categories are also a problem. GoogleMaps has made changes in the listing. Translations are way off, You chose a word and another appears on the venue description.

In my opinion, the system is getting worse instead of improving.

... perhaps a way to keep us busy... I dunno.

Level 10

@PierJes wrote:

@LucioV wrote:

In my experience, Check the facts is totally unreliable regarding data corrections.

People correct things they have no knowledge about, presuming the submitted infos are corrects.

Categories are also a problem. GoogleMaps has made changes in the listing. Translations are way off, You chose a word and another appears on the venue description.

In my opinion, the system is getting worse instead of improving.

... perhaps a way to keep us busy... I dunno.

Yes, i can understand, but as far by now this is the only way we can control the process.

Level 8

@LucioV wrote:

Yes, i can understand, but as far by now this is the only way we can control the process.

True and it's a major problem.

GoogleMaps should have a look how Foursquare and Facebook deal with correcting venues and get inspired.

As it is now, I have no fun nor purpose correcting things with Google. Someone always botch it days later.

Level 10

@PierJes It's when the AI takes a nice listing that I've fixed up, and then mutilates it...that's what I don't like. People's mess-ups, I can kind of understand, and I'm sure that eventually they'll get fixed, and usually people only make a couple bad edits before moving to another site. But the AI can make hundreds of thousands of mess ups per second, and Google's just going to keep it running.