SeanP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Approved edit not updating

Hi Umashankar,

Thanks for sharing the answer. My situation is the listing address is correct on the website but not correct on the mobile Google map app. I sent an edit and Google gave me a message said the edit is approved and published. It takes up to 24 hours. Now it's more than 24 hours and the error is still remain on the mobile app. Could you share some advise? Thanks in advance. 

Best regards,

SeanWeChat Image_20180811111121.jpg

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

If you can see the edit on one platform but not another then it would almost certainly be a local caching issue on that platform.  So yes, your IOS app likely needs the cache cleared.

However, this is an unnecessary step; we know the edit has gone through and that it's showing for users.  Anyone looking this place up for the first time would see your edit.  You can just wait for your phone to show it for you on it's own.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hello @SeanP,

Please do not add new issues to existing threads.  I'll move your post to be it's own thread.

Regarding your issue, I see your edit when I look at the map.  If you don't, you might want to clear your cache.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 6

Hi @Flash

Thanks for your fast response! Do you mean on the mobile app (ios)? Because on the web the address is working properly. 

Thanks

Connect Moderator
Solution

If you can see the edit on one platform but not another then it would almost certainly be a local caching issue on that platform.  So yes, your IOS app likely needs the cache cleared.

However, this is an unnecessary step; we know the edit has gone through and that it's showing for users.  Anyone looking this place up for the first time would see your edit.  You can just wait for your phone to show it for you on it's own.

Level 6

Thanks for your help @Flash

Let me try.