MewCore's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Photo sphere dose not appear in listing

Hello,

I contributed to a location listing with a photo sphere, but I can't find it anywhere on the map profile of the location?

Here is my 360 sphere and here is the location listing 

Where will it appear ?

Tnx for any help!

Zagreb, Croatia
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Photo sphere dose not appear in listing

@MewCore wrote:

Well since I done this shot to offer it as u business proposal for that hotel it kinda....sucks 😕

I'm doing it with an DSLR, panohead and PTgui and it's all according to rules as far as I know 😞 

It's more than 70mpx overall and the size of the picture is about 25mb. Is that to much maybe?

As far as i know the limit is 72 mpixel; can you share the actual resolution of the image?

Found: your wonderful sphere is too big

2017-05-16.jpg
78,9 MP12564 × 628216,7 MB

Please, resize and re-upload to maps 🙂

View solution in original post

Level 9

@MewCore your image might not uploaded successfully. You can check your contributions in Google Maps. 

Level 10

Hi @MewCore,

please, check in your SV App -> Profile tab -> open the image, scroll, look if you can read "approved on maps" or "rejected from maps".

Also, please, consider that not all the images are shown in the carrousel or in the 360 view for a place; depends on quality, and other parameters that are not disclosed and included in the "algorithm" that is in fine tuning these days.

Consider that some time should be need for your picture to show up in business listings.

Level 2

It is listed in my contributions and has uploaded successfully. But it's still not under the location profile 😞

Screenshot 2017-05-16 17.21.57.jpg

Level 2

Ok....now I see my sphere was rejected. Could anybody help me and tell me why? 

Thank you!

Level 9

@MewCore@LucioV is right. You can check the status if it is rejected in Google Street View App.

Level 9

We don't know. It seems like Google is using an automated tool that filter our images. 

Level 10

Sorry, no, we can't.

Overall quality is ok, i don't know exact size; you should check if it's > 14 Mpxel.

Consider that sometimes the images are being approved, then suddenly rejected and, again, approved after some days.

Level 2

Well since I done this shot to offer it as u business proposal for that hotel it kinda....sucks 😕

I'm doing it with an DSLR, panohead and PTgui and it's all according to rules as far as I know 😞 

It's more than 70mpx overall and the size of the picture is about 25mb. Is that to much maybe?

Level 10
Solution

@MewCore wrote:

As far as i know the limit is 72 mpixel; can you share the actual resolution of the image?

Found: your wonderful sphere is too big

2017-05-16.jpg
78,9 MP12564 × 628216,7 MB

Please, resize and re-upload to maps 🙂