MichaelGwiz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Photo Address changed - and so it now associates with a wrong business

I could use a Google mod's help.  I'm not sure this is something maps editors can change.  

A few pictures I posted in on a local street have shifted their placement since I entered them onto the correct addresses.  They now show for adjacent businesses.  The storefronts are pretty tight, and only some businesses appear to have registered on Google - I don't know if that is affecting it.  I know that it occurred because I got an email from the store asking how to fix it.  And I don't see a tool for this.

I know that I entered the addresses and placements correctly, because I do each one at a time.  However, because I can't change them, the only thing I can do is mark my own pictures as non-applicable for the business.  That doesn't seem to be correct practice.  And I'm concerned it's going to ding my own account.

The Business in question is Bloke.   The incorrect pictures are obvious - they are storefronts for the neighboring businesses - McGee law and a barbershop. 

Any help or advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Wilmington, NC, United States
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Photo Address changed - and so it now associates with a wrong business

@MichaelGwiz,

Hi Michael,
I think you kind of answered your own question. Flagging your own picture is indeed not the best way.  I am not photo savvy with Maps, so I cannot tell you if your way of deleting the photos would do the trick, but the few times that I wanted to take off one of my photos from Maps, I went to "My Contributions" selected photos and scrolled down to the photo in question and click on the dots on the top right corner. This should give you the option to delete your photo.

As you are removing a contribution, you are perhaps removing a point, but that could be easily fixed of course when you manage to get the photo to appear at the right place 😉 next time you upload it.

Greetings from Spain, Jeroen

View solution in original post

Level 7

In the meantime, I've deleted the pics from the album linked in the email, so perhaps that will fix it.  On the live map, it does not appear to have fixed it yet.

Level 8
Solution

@MichaelGwiz,

Hi Michael,
I think you kind of answered your own question. Flagging your own picture is indeed not the best way.  I am not photo savvy with Maps, so I cannot tell you if your way of deleting the photos would do the trick, but the few times that I wanted to take off one of my photos from Maps, I went to "My Contributions" selected photos and scrolled down to the photo in question and click on the dots on the top right corner. This should give you the option to delete your photo.

As you are removing a contribution, you are perhaps removing a point, but that could be easily fixed of course when you manage to get the photo to appear at the right place 😉 next time you upload it.

Greetings from Spain, Jeroen

Level 9
Level 9

@MichaelG wrote:

A few pictures I posted in on a local street have shifted their placement since I entered them onto the correct addresses

When we add photos they are associated with a POI not the address so I don't think it's possible they've shifted.

The correct thing to do now is not to flag your photos (as you would do if they were from another LG), but to delete them. Go to your photo contributions tab, scroll down to the incorrectly associated images, click the three dots, click 'Delete this photo'