flory's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

NOT APPLIED

Hello. Please help me with this. I need an explanation with this NOT APPLIED thingy. I tried adding a place in my locality again and again but the result is the same - NOT APPLIED. I even add pictures. Please help. Thank you.

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: NOT APPLIED

Hello @flory,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of creating a post here to provide all the data of a failed edit including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts in this forum can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Thank you so much for these words. 

Very helpful.

Level 10

Hi @flory

The reason for the denial of adding may be just because of the reliability.

It is mentioned by @Flash

To overcome this crisis:

1) You may add one place, by reaching the spot. You can answer "Yes" to the question "Are you here now?"

2) Add the photo of the place which includes the name of spot. The main board of the place will be adequate.

3) Please add the phone number, website, working hours, working days etc only if you think that it is correct.

Be careful that Google has to ensure that the data that you had submitted is correct. So please add the evidences in the form of photo or video.

Best of luck @flory

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 2

The terms used in Maps and Mapmaker regarding Submitted Edit result is not the same.

Not Applied in Maps means Denied in Mapmaker - your edit is rejected and Maps will not update according to your edit.