cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Moderator in Yemen

Hi,

Are there any Moderators in Yemen?

I need them to help me correct a lot of wrong information I want to correct.

Regards,

Khalid

Sana'a, Yemen
13 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Moderator in Yemen

Hello @Port,

If you are asking about contacting the moderators, that is not possible.

Moderation is done by algorithm first, and then if the algorithms cannot make a decision it is passed on for human review by Google employees.

If you are having an issue in your editing, please describe it here and we'll attempt to help you further.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @Port all wrong information should be edited directly in Maps by the Local Guide or reported using Send Feedback to report data problems and the kinds of issues not open to Local Guides to correct. The Maps team work world-wide. There are no moderators that work in specific areas, they went away when Map Maker was rescinded.

I'll move this to the Mapping forum.

Regards Paul

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Port,

In addition to @PaulPavlinovich's post I personally would suggest that you organize a meet-up. This way you can join forces with other Local Guides like you and do some Map Editing activities. Learn more about how to organize a meet-up here.

Regards

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Thank you all for your replay.

Where are they? how can i connect with them?

Regards,

Khalid

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @Port,

If you are asking about contacting the moderators, that is not possible.

Moderation is done by algorithm first, and then if the algorithms cannot make a decision it is passed on for human review by Google employees.

If you are having an issue in your editing, please describe it here and we'll attempt to help you further.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 9

Dear Flash,

special thank to you. I know you since I was mapper in google map maker.

Last week I went to Ibb, this government is very beautiful and green, there are a lot of new hotels. and I was trying to correct some information but every time google don't apply my changes or even agree to put them in pending status.

last year I was there also and I tried to correct some information and I think google prevent me or my edits stays for months without approval " there is no human who can validate my edits"

any way the point now is there is a hotel who change its name maybe the owner and administration has been changed also. I couldn't add the new one or change the name of the old one?

My question what is the best way even though I think the two ways are correct. closing the old hotel and add the new one or change the name of the old one to the new name?

This is the hotel and its phone number is correct but the name is wrong the new name is "فندق إب بلازا 2"  in English "hotel Ibb Blaza 2".

https://goo.gl/maps/WkGaRmCYQov

actually there are two hotels with the same name and this is the second one.

This situation need another clarification there is a pharmacies in my city with many branches should I mention the branch number? for example Ibn Hayan 2, Ibn Hayan 3 example https://goo.gl/maps/w6RohHLmrTR2.

another problem is adding new hotel in this building https://goo.gl/maps/bh5JAk8oMFr google didn't apply my changes "not applied" the name is "فندق قراند إب" in English "Hotel Grand Ibb".

Another problem adding clinic for Dr. Mohammed Akebsi "cardiologist" in this building https://goo.gl/maps/bVEfSM7fKL42 his phone number is 00967 1 215090 and he works Saturday, Monday and Tuesday from 4:00 pm till 9:00 pm.

and another thing how can I contact local guide in my city to meet.

Thank you very much and best wishes.

Khalid.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Port the best way to find other Local Guides is to organise a meetup entry here https://maps.google.com/localguides/meetup so that important details like location, time and date and a description of your proposed Meetup are known to everyone who might like to come along.

Have a read of How to Organise a Local Guides Meetup and HowTo: Leading a Photo/Food/Geo Walk

Make sure you share it on all your socials and invite your friends.

I hope your Meetup goes well.

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Hello @Port,

Under the rebranding rules, the only time a hotel would get renamed on the map is if:

1. It was privately owned and not associated with any chain of hotels
  2. Everything, including ownership, stays the same but the name is changed for marketing purposes
  3. Under the new name it still is not associate with any chain
  4. You are aware of and sure of the above details.

If this fails any of the above points, which will be almost all the time, then close the old POI and create a new one.

Level 9

Screenshot_20180705-235956.png

Level 9

Hi,

I tried to close it but Google didn't approve it. This is why I asked for help?

Regards,

Port