BorislavA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Mapping Kids Playgrounds

Hello, friends!!

I started mapping kids  playgrounds /outdoors/ in my city - Plovdiv.  It will help moms and dads to find easily such places. We have  a little kid also so we /me and my wife/ personally know how important it is.

Just to share it with you. 🙂

Any other useful ideas are welcome!!

Ecology University Master degree, happy married, father of a child with Down Syndrome. I love contributing to Google maps, fixing errors, adding new places and help people using the map.
Plovdiv, България
5 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Mapping Kids Playgrounds

Can you share some links?

Connect Moderator

@BorislavA its a geat job... 

For more help u can make a My Map to mark Kids playgrounds of your nearby areas

u can also Invite your Area Local Guides....

It may help u... 

Happy Mapping

Happy Guiding.... 

Level 10

Here it is

https://goo.gl/IQ5sQv

@PhilipF wrote:

Can you share some links?

Ecology University Master degree, happy married, father of a child with Down Syndrome. I love contributing to Google maps, fixing errors, adding new places and help people using the map.
Level 5

Happy to see we are doing similar work.  I'm mapping from an accessibility and 'how much fun is it?' lens.  Let me know if you are ever in Portland Oregon.  Cheers.

PeteScreenshot_20170711-080608.png

@BorislavA wrote:

Hello, friends!!

I started mapping kids  playgrounds /outdoors/ in my city - Plovdiv.  It will help moms and dads to find easily such places. We have  a little kid also so we /me and my wife/ personally know how important it is.

Just to share it with you. 🙂

Any other useful ideas are welcome!!

Connect Moderator

Hi all,

It's great to see you mapping such features to help others!

As this affects this type of feature often, I'll ask that you please do remember that for a place to be mapped it requires a proper name, and not a description.  Most playgrounds are not going to have proper names and thus should not be mapped.

As an example, if you have "Central Park" and a playground within it named "John Smith Memorial Playground", each could be mapped.

On the other hand, the playground cannot be added as "Central Park Playground", that is just a description.  The exception would be if there is an official sign posted at the playground with that name.

What is normally done when a playground is not named but is in a named park is that we add "Playground" as a secondary category to the park so that it shows up in searches for playgrounds.  With the closure of Map Maker we lost the ability to edit secondary categories until Maps editing can be upgraded, so what you should do for now is to use "Submit Feedback -> Other Feedback" to ask Google to add a secondary category.

Thanks for your contributions to the map!

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages