GoncaloMaggessi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Mall shopping directory, questions and suggestions

Hello,

First of all I must say that the Google Maps team is doing an excellent work in this area with the Google Maps indoor. It's very useful to see a mall shopping directory right on Google Maps.

I saw this post (How to edit/add mall shopping directory) from @KnHack and the usefull answer from the Connect Moderator @Flash but I still remained with some doubts.

Therefore here goes the questions:

• Is it possible to add stores to the plant? Or to move them to the right place? I,ve been doing it but I don't know if it is the right way.
  • Is it possible to add ATM to a shopping mall directory?
  • When I edit stores and move them from a place to another how do I choose the right floor? Is it possible to choose a flor when editing a store? Is there a correct way to do it?
  • How do I know if a place is inside or outside a shopping mall directory?

Here go the suggestions:

• It was usefull to have a list wit the stores beside the floor lidt and to link directly to the store place, in big malls makes all the difference.
  • Is it possible to have shopping indoor view, like street view? I think it´s possible but it's never too much to ask. 
  • It could be useful to ask on the questions about the mall if it has a Parking lot, if it is free or payed and if it has discounts. The parking lot mapping could be usefull too, here in Portugal many malls have stores on the Parking lot.

For now these are my questions and suggestions, if I remember more I will write here.

Thanks,

Gonçalo Maggessi

Gonçalo Maggessi | Local Guide Level 9 | ​Certified ​Pro ​Viz Trio​ ​​Operator | Local Guide from Lisboa, Portugal
Olivais, Lisboa, Portugal
2 comments
Level 10

Re: Mall shopping directory, questions and suggestions

@GoncaloMaggessi wrote:

Hello,

First of all I must say that the Google Maps team is doing an excellent work in this area with the Google Maps indoor. It's very useful to see a mall shopping directory right on Google Maps.

I saw this post (How to edit/add mall shopping directory) from @KnHack and the usefull answer from the Connect Moderator @Flash but I still remained with some doubts.

Therefore here goes the questions:

• Is it possible to add stores to the plant? Or to move them to the right place? I,ve been doing it but I don't know if it is the right way.
  • Is it possible to add ATM to a shopping mall directory?
  • When I edit stores and move them from a place to another how do I choose the right floor? Is it possible to choose a flor when editing a store? Is there a correct way to do it?
  • How do I know if a place is inside or outside a shopping mall directory?

Here go the suggestions:

• It was usefull to have a list wit the stores beside the floor lidt and to link directly to the store place, in big malls makes all the difference.
  • Is it possible to have shopping indoor view, like street view? I think it´s possible but it's never too much to ask. 
  • It could be useful to ask on the questions about the mall if it has a Parking lot, if it is free or payed and if it has discounts. The parking lot mapping could be usefull too, here in Portugal many malls have stores on the Parking lot.

For now these are my questions and suggestions, if I remember more I will write here.

Thanks,

Gonçalo Maggessi

Hi @GoncaloMaggessi will try to answer to your questions as far as I know

It's possible to add stores to a place with indoor plan and move it to the correct place

Yes, you could also add an ATM inside the map

No, you can't choose the correct floor, this is reserved to indoor maps manager; you have to do your best to place the shop in the correct place, without any regard to the level

Don't understand the question

Yes, you can have indoor street view for the mall, but it will not link to inside street view of the single places

Level 8

Re: Mall shopping directory, questions and suggestions

Hi @GoncaloMaggessi,

Hope all is well.

Just a suggestion/ observation:
You posted both questions and feature requests in a single post. Your post currently is in the Mapping Your World forum area, which is the right forum for asking map editing questions. However, your feature requests and feedback should be posted in the Feedback & Feature Request forum area. So my advice is to split your post up. Leave your editing questions here and repost the suggestions and feedback in the appropriate forum.

You will find that others have already posted ideas how to improve shopping malls on Maps. So why not do a search and join the already existing discussions and support those ideas and feedback there that you support 😉

Best regards, JeroenM