cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Images not appearing under geotagged location

Hi @3DTourGallery,

So your photo is a PhotoSphere.

When I talk about the location of a PhotoSphere, I can mean two different things.

1.  The POI that the Photo is attached

2.  The physical location that the Photo is shown.

Point 1 is easy to understand.  For point 2, it will be best to use StreetView App to check.

Screenshot_20170221-222856.png

The above is the Link Editor of the Android  StreetView App.

The Photo is attached to the A1 exit.  Bit the Photo location is as show in the 1 in circle.

Using that Editor, I can move the Photo location to anywhere I want.

Further more, for each PhotoSphere, you can check if it has Maps approved or not.

Screenshot_20170221-223440.png

Only when a PhotoSphere is approved, it will be visible by Maps users.

For PhotoSpheres uploaded by Desktop Maps, they will also be listed in the StreetView App.  Please check it out.

Here is the bad news for you.  I have been hearing about lots of issues regarding iOS StreetView App.  Not sure if still ture for the latest version.  Good luck.

Level 7

@YK1001 no my photo is not a photo sphere.

Level 8

Strange, I got a PhotoSphere via your first link in my mobile.

I will check again using Desktop again.

Level 7

@YK1001 that is really strange. I had only shortened the link. Thank you for looking into that problem. I also would like to add that I had happen that images first located properly and then disappeared from that location to an unknown location. I deleted it and reposted it. So far it is still at the correct location so I can not send you a link.

Level 9
Level 9

@SimoneS 3DT wrote:

It shows in my contributions but not in the correct location. I had this happen several times and ended up sending the image to the business owner to post in their account. That's why I did not have and example before. Here is a new photo it is not locating: https://goo.gl/maps/hKkaafmmJjA2

@3DTourGallery you say the image (external Sherman's at dusk) appears in your contributions but not at the location. Looking at your photo contributions tab for this branch of Sherman's (as below) there are 19 photosheres and 1 photo (including an external night shot) but not the one you mention. I can't see that dusk shot anywhere in your contributions though it is in your album archive

You also mention photos disappearing then reappearing at an unknown location. If the the wording 'Unknown place' that indicates the association between photo and POI has been broken, either the POI listing has been removed or perhaps the photo was flagged 

Simone's 3D Tour Galleries

Level 7

@Pea It is the middle shot with the 51 views.

IMG_0344.PNG

Level 7

@YK1001 I have not heard back from you for a while now. I still have the same issue. Do we have a solution yet? Is the problem worked on? Or will the problem not be addressed? Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you for tagging me, @3DTourGallery.

I forgot to update back.

When using my Android Chrome, I got a prompt to choose to open link using a mobile app (Maps) or not.

If I choose not, then I got a funny PhotoSphere with this link

If I choose yes, then Maps will load showing your Maps profile.  Same if I use Desktop Chrome.

I thing this is not related to your core issue.