3DTourGallery's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Images not appearing under geotagged location

Hi everybody,

I seem to have the issue that I post an image under a location and it never shows up in that specific location.

example: I locate business "XYZ" on maps, click on "add photo".I post the photo, then I get the message photo will appear shortly on Google Maps. I can see the photo in my contributions but not under XYZ's location images. 

I used a different computer, a different browser and phone and tablet same results. I noticed that problem about 2 weeks ago the first time.

Any help is appreciated.

27 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Images not appearing under geotagged location

Hi @3DTourGallery

I notice you're a business and on your own listing https://goo.gl/maps/GqKzg7q3MPr you have several photos, however these are not images of your location but examples of your work. Generally speaking photos should be specific to the location they are associated with so that a map user turning up at that place is helped to understand what it looks like. These photos a likely to be flagged and removed.

Also are you aware that, as @TraciC has said, "you shouldn't review businesses where you have a conflict of interest due to your own commercial interests" eg if you are a Street View Photographer? As a LG you've given 5 star reviews to places you have also provided photos for, are these commercial relationships?

If you do have conflicts of interest maybe that's causing issues, can you provided specific place examples of the problems you describe

Level 7

@Pea In the Google my business there are different categories of photos. Example a lot of nail salons post pictures of nails. Mine happen to be buildings and structures. So I thought that I can display a few samples of what I do

To my reviews, I am doing a lot of free work especially in the non for profit sector to help the community. I have only reviewed locations that Ihave been to and received service or goods from. I can only provide a feedback regarding my own experience, so if I give a 5 star feedback it is because of the experience I had when I visited that specific location. I have certainly done commercial work for Businesses and not reviewed them because I haven't received any goods or services from them or vice versa. I honestly didn't think that there is a conflict of interest, so I don't know if that is an issue.

I don't have an example right now, I had them post their image on maps in their profile. So all the photos are posted on maps. 

Level 9
Level 9

On your website http://www.3dtourgallery.com you give some examples of your business photography and those images appear on the listings for; Optim Dental and East Street Hardware & Tools On both of those listing you also give 5 star reviews. That kinda looks like a conflict of interest.

There are several other listings with your photos and your 5 star reviews eg Nybakke Vacuum Shop, Forget Me Not Flowers, The Ultimate Tan, LA Fitness, Paradise Pet Hotel & Day Spa. Did any of those businesses pay you (in money, products or services) for your photography? If so your reviews would then demonstrate a conflict of interest.

Level 7

@Pea To my understanding I am not allowed to ask for money in return for a good review. In all reality I don't think that anybody would pay me a dime to write a review for them as I am not a famous or important person. Below is what I found on this subject.
Conflict of interest: Reviews are most valuable when they are honest and unbiased. If you own or work at a place, please don’t review your own business or employer. Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services to write reviews for a business or to write negative reviews about a competitor. If you're a business owner, don't set up review stations or kiosks at your place of business just to ask for reviews written at your place of business.
My reviews are sole based on the service I have received, or experience I had. I did not receive any money for any review. If I would want to be deceiving I could just create a google profile with a different name and offer to leave feedbacks there. I don't like to pose a problem by creating an conflict of interest and I guess according to you I better not write reviews at all as it is my business to get Businesses up on Google Maps. I will not write reviews anymore, because in one point I might get contacted to take photos from that same business as I live in a smaller community.

Anyhow, this has not brought me any closer to an answer on what the problem might be. But thank you for your concern regarding the conflict of interest.

Connect Moderator

I would use caution with your line of thinking.  You cannot claim you have not been paid by this business, rather you are adding the disclaimer that it wasn't payment for a review.  This would differ little from an employee reviewing and saying they did it on their own time, not company time.  Google expects SEO consultants, GTPs, etc. to avoid a conflict of interest by not reviewing places which have hired them.

With regards to your question, could you please link directly to some of the photos that are not appearing, along with linking to the places that you added them to?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9
Level 9

@SimoneS 3DT wrote:

To my understanding I am not allowed to ask for money in return for a good review.

That rule applies to all Local Guides. However you are also a Google SV Trusted Photographer so extra rules apply and it's pretty simple - if you provide your photography services to a business, then you cannot review them. It doesn't matter if it's an honest review based on your experience, you cannot review them.

You've somewhat obfuscated your previous replies, so a simple question, regarding Optim Dental, East St Hardware, Nybakke Vacuum Shop, Forget Me Not Flowers, The Ultimate Tan, LA Fitness, Paradise Pet Hotel & Day Spa. Did any of those businesses pay you (in money, products or services) for your photography?

Back to your original question, if you can provide a link to business "XYZ" on maps maybe we can see why your photos are not getting associated. You say you can see the photo in my contributions but not under XYZ's location images, can you link to that photo and post here. When I look at your contributions tab all photos seem to be attributed.

Level 7

@Flashthe guidelines actually say the as an employee you should not review the business.

Conflict of interest: Reviews are most valuable when they are honest and unbiased. If you own or work at a place, please don’t review your own business or employer. Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services to write reviews for a business or to write negative reviews about a competitor. If you're a business owner, don't set up review stations or kiosks at your place of business just to ask for reviews written at your place of business.

You can find the guidelines here:

https://support.google.com/local-guides/answer/2622994?hl=en&ref_topic=6224587

Level 7

@PeaI am not obfuscating! But I feel like you are hostile and accusatory! Why do I have to explain myself to you? If you have somebody from Google that I can talk to I would appreciate if you give me their information.

Connect Moderator

Thank you Simone, but I do not need a link to the guidelines.  I am on one of the main contributors in several of the forums for mapping related features and have direct contact with Google.  As a result I have both read and contributed to the guidelines for multiple products, and I have been given the ability to discuss with Google how they want them interpreted.  You are not the first GTP that has reviewed their clients' places, and this matter has been dealt with in detail before.  As I stated, Google does not want anything that could be perceived as a conflict of interest.

My intention there was to simply let you know that Phillip's advice was correct.  If you choose to ignore the advice and risk your position in the GTP program, that is your choice.

That aside, I did ask you for more information in order to get your issue resolved.  You failed to provide that information.  If you truly want help then you are going to have to do more than make a general statement saying you have issues; we'll need the details I asked you for previously.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages