_Umer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How to successfully add a missing place on Google Maps??

Hi everyone, I am at number 7 in Google local guide program. I am unable to add any place. I tried few times but not applied. Give me some tips please. 

Islamabad, Pakistan
3 comments
Level 9

Re: How to successfully add a missing place on Google Maps??

Hi @_Umer:

Have you had a chance to review this post? It has some information as to why edits are not always applied.

I will move your post to "Mapping Your World" as it would be more appropriate there.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 8

@Shirley wrote:

Hi @_Umer:

Have you had a chance to review this post? It has some information as to why edits are not always applied.

I will move your post to "Mapping Your World" as it would be more appropriate there.

I had one informative advice, that you have to add a place on the spot of the location, means that your timeline is parallel to your added place

Level 10

HI @_Umer please follow the instructions provided by @Shirley !

it will definitely help you. please also refer below tips from google maps help article :

Name : Use the official name of a place, the one used on the storefront or website. Don’t add any extra comments in the name field.

Address : Enter a known address. If Maps suggests an address that’s incomplete, add additional details in the address.

Marker : When you move a marker, make sure you zoom in far enough and switch to satellite view. This will help you see buildings and move the marker on the building where the place is.

Category : Use specific categories when describing a place. For example, use "Clothing store" instead of "Store".

Hours : Enter the hours a place is open. You can add different hours for different days of the week.

Phone number : Use the primary phone number. Check that the number you suggested is correct first.

Website : Use the official website. Don’t include links to social networking sites, review aggregators, or other similar websites.

Source : https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7084895?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Hope this helps you.

Thank You

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+