PatricL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

How should we go about when asking for a picture to be deleted, as it's in the wrong place?

In my area there is a lot of wrongly placed pictures, mostly on purpose to gain attention.

I can sit here for years giving you example after example that I already reported, but it stays on map.

Here are a few samples;

Kostinbrod featured with a black sea picture.

Picture is taken 440 km away from Kostinbrod at Bolata Bay.

This picture is not from this country, so I can't say where it's taken.

This is how it looks like at this place, it's a mud hole.

Here you can see 201 photos taken from a catalogue and posted as commercial for this place, not one of this pictures show how this place look like.

This one need no futher info, it should just be removed in an instance, I think even copyright is an issue here.

Not to mention all brokers posting computer animated photos of future projects for sale.

Should I just close my eyes for this?

2 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: How should we go about when asking for a picture to be deleted, as it's in the wrong place?

@PatricL sadly there appears to be no real answer to this situation. The only official response is the standard 'Report a problem' route, one picture at a time, but that's not much help when a listing has 100 irrelevant photos and the captcha kicks in after the first few reports. I started a Feedback thread last year but it didn't get anywhere.

Level 10

Re: How should we go about when asking for a picture to be deleted, as it's in the wrong place?

Hi @PatricL if you can see a schema or a user behind this spam, you can always report for spam here, and the Google staff will have a look into.

For further information, please, refer to this article: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/becomelocalguide/message-i...