LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Have a look to my last work from Kazakhstan

I want to show you the result of a work i started in late July.

This was a strange assignment for me, i never been in Kazakhstan and i had to start building from scratch an industrial complex, and build a virtual tour based on photographs shoot by another photographer.

I've encoutered many issues, the first is that in Google Maps the entire area was (and still is) a desert.

Schermata 2016-08-22 alle 12.45.38.png

So i had to work with other local and global mappers, regional leads, to work on maps, building some basic infrastructures, as like as roads, railroads, etc.

Something start appearing on mapSomething start appearing on map

Then i had to create business entries for various parts of the complex, using My Business program, this took some weeks. This was an hard step for the whole project, but the harder was to stitch and connect around 250 panoramic photos, without having any idea of how to place them on the territory. I had to rebuild the whole route the photographer did on the desertic roads, and connect each single pano (obviously. the first try was a mess of red dots on map....).

The goal was to go online for 6 august, and i started working on the project around mid july. The goal was achieved, with some days in advance.

Now the Tourmake advanced tour is online, almost completed, so i want to share with you some results (the drone footage was added later, so did'nt help building the whole infrastructure).

https://tourmake.it/sezkhorgos

Any feedback appreciated.

5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Have a look to my last work from Kazakhstan

Wow!! This sounds like an amazing project! You literally put this place on the map. Very cool.

Level 8

That's impressive!

Level 10

@YK1001 wrote:

That's impressive!

Thanks @YK1001 the hardest part was a team work with a great mapper that help me in the creation of all the main areas, roads and railroads.

Level 9

What a great job... Well done @LucioV
Level 9

Nice work bro @LucioV

I love your ambition and innovation

JonasK

It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.