Mistah7's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Maps refuse to add a 700 year old temple in Chiang Rai

This temple, Wat Ming Muang in Chiang Rai , was in the map  a year ago  and someone has deleted it.  Now when I try to add it they say there is a temple named Wat Mung Muang  in Chiang Rai already. 

And yes, it is but they are two different temples!

Link: https://www.tourismthailand.org/Attraction/Wat-Ming-Muang--4392

Link: https://www.tourismthailand.org/Attraction/Wat-Mung-Muang--4393

You can find both temples in Bing Maps and also in Garmin Maps.

Garmin.JPG

And I am sure Garmin has used Google Maps to get most information. 

So can you please correct the mistake you have done in removing Wat Ming Muang in Chiang Rai! 

I have tried now for two weeks to get this done but the people working in Google Maps are not listening to any facts! 

Wat  Ming Muang is one of the most important and also almost the most beautiful temple in Chiang Rai. 

When you deleted  it from Google Maps you also deleted all reviews and all beautiful photos of that temple. 

I suppose you have no backup so you can restore that information. 

But please add the temple to Google Maps! 

Sven Johnson

Chiang Rai, Thailand
22 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Google Maps refuse to add a 700 year old temple in Chiang Rai

Hello @Mistah7,

This temple appears to already be on the map here.  The name appears to match the signage out front.  Is this the one you were seeking?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @Mistah7

I think @Flash will be in a position to assist with this matter. Today is Sunday so let's wait a little bit more. I am very hopeful that Flash would respond.

Cheers

Connect Moderator

Hi @Mistah7 I see two when I search, they are not as close together as your your Garmin map suggests

Wat Ming Muang https://goo.gl/maps/15cwpa6nEBk

Wat Mung Muang https://goo.gl/maps/YCGCPFwU76v

TemplesTemples

Are these the temples you mean or is this another one with a similar name? Maybe there really are two with the exact same name. I did confirm there is a temple like structure where you report that there should be one using Street View. When I look at the second one (that is far from where you report it is) in Street View it seems to be under construction (or restoration).

I did notice the spelling on Garmin is different, when I search for that spelling I find yet two more temples in different places to the ones on Garmin Maps.

It is quite possible any or all of the Map sources are not correct.

Are you getting a "Not Applied" or are you getting the prompt place already exists, if the latter, then continue to submit as it will let you add a place with the exact same name but it will go in for review.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Paul,

Have you  looked at these two links that you got when searching for Wat Ming Muang and Wat Mung Muang?

It is the same temple coming up  in both links.  Because Google Maps doesn't have Wat Ming Muang registered. It has been deleted during the last year.

The position for the two temples are exactly as they are shown in the pic from Garmin map I posted in the OP.

I live in Chiang Rai and have been living here for 16 years. I have visited Wat Ming Muang at least 30 times and probably visited Wat Mung Muang 5-6 times. 

If you  make a Street-view following this link you see there is a temple   https://goo.gl/maps/FBJELLBfDWD2

My wife that has been living in Thailand for more than 38 years tells me that this sign say "Wat Ming Muang" in Thai language on the top and same in Lanna language in the bottom. 

And  if you bothered to check the two links from   www.tourismthailand.org (I am quite sure they know what they are talking about when it comes to temples in Thailand) you would clearly see that there are two temples in Chiang Rai name Wat Ming Muang and Wat Mung Muang.

I am sorry , but I have tried for more than 2 weeks to add this temple, Wat Ming Muang in Chiang Rai, tht someone has deleted the last year. 

And yes, it is one of my favorite  temples here.

Level 8

Hi   Badruddeen,

Thanks for your reply. 

And yes, if @Flash has some power then I am sure he will correct this. 

Because it is quite obvious that someone has made a big mistake deleting this place. 

And as I said before, all the reviews and all the photos are gone.

So sad because it is a very special place for many people.

We hope for the best! 

WatMingMuang-6.JPGWatMingMuang-2.JPGWatMingMuang-3.JPGWatMingMuang-12.JPG

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @Mistah7,

This temple appears to already be on the map here.  The name appears to match the signage out front.  Is this the one you were seeking?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

Hello Mr Flash, 

Thanks for replying. 

And yes, that is the right place but in my Google Maps there is no name of the temple. 

I just see that Red dot that you probably put there. So why can we not give it a name?

Best regards

WatMingMuang.JPG

Connect Moderator

Hello @Mistah7,

I am not sure what you are doing after clicking on the link I provided, but when first clicked on the name visible for the marker is วัดมิ่งเมือง.

Level 7

@Mistah7 wrote:

Paul,

Have you  looked at these two links that you got when searching for Wat Ming Muang and Wat Mung Muang?

It is the same temple coming up  in both links.  Because Google Maps doesn't have Wat Ming Muang registered. It has been deleted during the last year.

The position for the two temples are exactly as they are shown in the pic from Garmin map I posted in the OP.

I live in Chiang Rai and have been living here for 16 years. I have visited Wat Ming Muang at least 30 times and probably visited Wat Mung Muang 5-6 times. 

If you  make a Street-view following this link you see there is a temple   https://goo.gl/maps/FBJELLBfDWD2

My wife that has been living in Thailand for more than 38 years tells me that this sign say "Wat Ming Muang" in Thai language on the top and same in Lanna language in the bottom. 

And  if you bothered to check the two links from   www.tourismthailand.org (I am quite sure they know what they are talking about when it comes to temples in Thailand) you would clearly see that there are two temples in Chiang Rai name Wat Ming Muang and Wat Mung Muang.

I am sorry , but I have tried for more than 2 weeks to add this temple, Wat Ming Muang in Chiang Rai, tht someone has deleted the last year. 

And yes, it is one of my favorite  temples here.

■ "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?" ■ "Who watches the watchers ?" ■ the satirical poet, Juvenal ■ 1st century Rome ■
Connect Moderator

@aka_Rὁn, that is in a different city.  The link to the feature being discussed in this thread was already provided by myself above.