ΩΩ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Feed back from Google when something is wrong

Is there a way to get a feedback why a place creation is Not applied or why a place creation is pending for months?

I've read that there is no timeframe but pending for months isn't something I expect from google.

I want to give an example of a place creation that is not applied:

The place is a Bar Restaurant at Pl. Aristotelous 1, Thessaloniki 546 24, Greece, tel: 2316007575

It has a webpage http://cosmopolitanbarkrestaurant.gr/

It's on tripadvisor https://www.tripadvisor.com.gr/Restaurant_Review-g189473-d12447143-Reviews-Cosmopolitan-Thessaloniki...

It's on facebook https://el-gr.facebook.com/cosmopolitanbarkrestaurant/

So why doesn't Google want to include it on the map?

21 comments
Level 8

Re: Feed back from Google when something is wrong

This address shows in a different place to facebook and trip advisor, is it correct and full?

Level 7

The correct is Pl. Aristotelous 1 (Plateia Aristotelous = Aristotelous Square).

On facebook and tripadvisor it's written Aristotelous 1, but the correct is Pl. Aristotelous 1.

Any way on their maps it is correct:

facebook.jpgtripavisor.jpg

Level 8

Would be possible to let me have the address you entered into GM? so I can check where it think it is.

Level 7

The address is Pl. Aristotelous 1, Thessaloniki 546 24

Level 8

OK, so its on the corner where Starbucks is? or next to it?

Level 7

It's on the corner where Starbucks was. The Street view image is 3 years old.

Connect Moderator

Hello @ΩΩ,

Are you stating that your edit to add it was Not Applied?  Or are you stating that it remains pending?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Hi Flash, 

The place creation was not applied.

Connect Moderator

@ΩΩ,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of providing all the data including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

One thing that might be making a slight difference is the fact that Starbucks remains open in this location.  If it is no longer there, have you marked it as Closed?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages