cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Editing Multi-level centers

Hi everyone,

First time poster here so be kind 🙂

I've found that my local shopping center has countless errors in its business listings and positions of shops (I found one that hadn't existed for three years). My question is: When you move a business on the map inside a multi-level shopping center, is it supposed to figure out what level you are on?

Two of the edits that I made show through every level as I move up and down in the layers whereas others don't. Anyone else encountered any problems like this before?

I'd appreciate anyone from Google letting me if I'm doing something wrong with regards to the placement. An example can be found here: https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-27.5610041,151.9489305,20.75z?hl=en

The Bucking Bull and Koon Hong stores both show throughout all levels after I've moved them despite ensuring I'm in the correct level that the need to be placed.

Thanks guys,

IAN

Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Editing Multi-level centers

Hi @Mr_Ian,

I loved your thread to Mapping Your World board here.

For shopping Malls with Indoor Maps, only the Mall Owner can edit the shops such that they will only show up in the designated level.

We as LGs, our edits will not be part of the indoor Maps, so it will be shown no matter which level we have selected.

@Mr_Ian wrote:

Hi everyone,

I've found that my local shopping center has countless errors in its business listings and positions of shops (I found one that hadn't existed for three years). My question is: When you move a business on the map inside a multi-level shopping center, is it supposed to figure out what level you are on?

Two of the edits that I made show through every level as I move up and down in the layers whereas others don't. Anyone else encountered any problems like this before?

I'd appreciate anyone from Google letting me if I'm doing something wrong with regards to the placement. An example can be found here: https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-27.5610041,151.9489305,20.75z?hl=en

The Bucking Bull and Koon Hong stores both show throughout all levels after I've moved them despite ensuring I'm in the correct level that the need to be placed.

Thanks guys,

IAN 

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hi @Mr_Ian,

I loved your thread to Mapping Your World board here.

For shopping Malls with Indoor Maps, only the Mall Owner can edit the shops such that they will only show up in the designated level.

We as LGs, our edits will not be part of the indoor Maps, so it will be shown no matter which level we have selected.

@Mr_Ian wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thanks guys,

IAN 

Level 8

Thanks @YK1001 for that information. It's a real shame that we as Local Guides can't edit this stuff. I suppose all I can do is remove the business that don't exist anymore.

Level 8

Yes, I wish Google will re-consider the different products like Google MyBusiness, Indoor Maps and fully integrate them with Local Guides.