LeventeBárdossy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Change of places: 'Not confirmable'

Hi all.

I wanted to report a place on the map, as it has moved elsewhere. However, Google rejected it, writing 'Not applied, because it can not be confirmed' (not literally, my map is set to Hungarian).

What counts as 'confirmation' in this case, when the location change happened over a year ago? (the owners didn't give a **####** about it, but their clients constantly get false information)

Thanks for all help in advance.

6 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Change of places: 'Not confirmable'

Hello @LeventeBárdossy was the pin location the only change you submitted? Or did you try to correct several data points at once?

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 3

Hello @JanVanHaver. I only modified the address (by typing, as the 'move pin' option wasn't there. Although when I tried a different modification option, the same 'not confirmable' reply came (then I actually dragged the pin). I always moved only the location, no other data change.

How to 'confirm' a change like this, or who has the authority to do so?

Connect Moderator

@LeventeBárdossy how long does it take before you get the 'Not applied'? Is this happening within seconds? In that case it is somehow the algorithm that rejects the suggested edit straightaway. In that case addtional attempts will only make things worse. The only option left then is to use the 'Send feedback' option (if you open the Maps main menu wjth that place selected, you should be able to do that).

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Hello @LeventeBárdossy,

A place on the map represents that business at that location.  If the business has moved you should not try to modify the existing POI, but rather should use the option "Place is permanently closed or has never existed" and then choose the "Moved" option.

This sets up a request for a Googler to manually review it.  If the phone number in the POI is correct then there is a good chance the will phone the business and confirm it's current location.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 3

@JanVanHaver: I closed Maps after the edit, and opened it later, that was when I saw the rejection. It was approx. an hour later, maybe less.

@Flash: Hello. It has no phone number in the POI. Nor an e-mail address for that matter. It's actually not a shop, it's a transport gather point which wasn't changed in the map when the gather point was relocated over a year ago. It has no operator info or any contact data in the POI.

Level 7

Did you refer Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied??

Lattoria, Local Guide Vlogger on Facebook & Youtube