DeanShan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Change Road Name

Does anyone know how to change road names? The physical street signs do not match up with the road names on Google Maps in my area. I would like to correct that so that it is easier for visitors to navigate.

Delta Junction, AK, USA
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Change Road Name

Hello @DeanShan,

If available in your country, you can request road name updates via the Send Feedback process.  You will want to choose the Wrong Information option and follow the prompts.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @DeanShan  🙂

use the Send Feedback option available within the App. One of the options is to give information about a road.

👍👍✌️

🔽🔽🔽🔽

To add a road. Follow this procedure.

1. Open the Google Maps app for Android
  2. Tap = to open the side menu
  3. Scroll down to “Send Feedback”
  4. Tap “Edit the map”
  5. Tap the road segment you want to edit
  6. Tap “Next”
  7. Suggest the changes for the road you selected (Name, Incorrectly drawn, One-way/two-way, Closed, or Private)
  8. Tap Send.
Tunisia Local Guides
Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @DeanShan,

If available in your country, you can request road name updates via the Send Feedback process.  You will want to choose the Wrong Information option and follow the prompts.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

I have the same problem with Google Map on android it will display feature is "not available in your region"

Connect Moderator

Hi Alffiiy,

As I stated, the feature must be available in you area.  If it is not then unfortunately Google is not able to accept that type of edit in your region at this time.