MegS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: Local Guides Challenge: Toronto Event

No one misunderstood. Your email wasn't confusing.

You lied.

We were invited to an event. My RSVP was received and expected.

You guys screwed up at the last minute. 

I'm sorry goes a long way. Stop making excuses and apologize

Level 3

It wasn't confusing. There was no misunderstanding.

It was a lie.

I was invited to an event. My RSVP was accepted and confirmed.

Someway along you guys messed up.

An apology without excuses goes along way.

Take responsibility and apologize.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChristianV wrote:

Jesus, you were really looking forward to this.. they messed up, we get it, try not to take it so hard..

My name isn't Jesus, and I'm not taking this hard.  This is egregious. I'm a contributing member on a review based system who's expected to pass judgement on others for the betterment of this platform and it seems they feel they aren't expected to be judged them selves or that these excuses are going to be taken as reasonable explanation for them allowing too many confirmations to be accepted by thier system. If they are saying the system was allowing more to register than could be accommodated then that is thier mistake and it's at the cost of those who shifted thier schedules and put focus on Google guides over other things. For those of us who published posts and discussed this with colleagues who advertise with Google ad words and such these events show that Google respects us as contributing members of its society and to pull that credit away from us with no warning or email is despicable. I will be asked for the next few weeks questions like where it was and what we ate, my guest told friends we had rsvp'd and that the registration system cut off shortly after we did. We were feeling lucky to have acted fast and even talked to others about how limited an event it was going to be... All this only to be let down because a Google employee doesn't know how to limit the rsvp'd system to real potential guest numbers.... Jesus wouldn't have done that,  he would have found some loaves and fishes and got the whole crew together.  I expected better of you google. We all did. 

Level 3

LOL, Google you're too much.  I posted the venue location in my previous post.  Google's response? Immediate redaction.  Fine, swift action.

I, along with many others,  RSVPed long ago to this event with no response from Google for weeks.  Why can't Google staff act as quickly with event planning as they do to moderate comments on this forum?  If somebody from my company ran a signature event as poorly as this one they would not continue to plan events for much longer.

BTW it is being held at arts type location in Toronto that shall not be named for fear of swift retribution.   Said mystery venue is quite large but apparently unable to hold all the people that Google mistakenly invited.

Level 3

Google should hold another event where everyone that was not invited is called and each one of us recives a apology for this. I feel embarrested because I told all my family and friends I was invited. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This content has been removed.
Level 3

Yeah this was very confusing. I'm so glad I didn't cancel my plans for this. I would have been very upset. 

Level 3

I'm not going but honestly if people show up uninvited, they should be let in. Especially if you came out of town for it. 

Level 3

So, I'm not going?

I have been participating in the local guides program since it's inception.  I had been doing it to help my strangers and neighbours...  Not because I was seeking any reward.

But when I was invited to attend I was over the moon, someone had noticed me helping.  I told all my friends and family, and made arrangements to be in Toronto (I'm self employed, this is difficult), for the evening of the 24th.  After I RSVP'd, I spent the last month excitedly making arrangements to attend.

This is literally the first I'm hearing that Google treats RSVPs as "suggestions".    

I'm hurt and don't think I'll be participating in local guides anymore, I will also be recommending my friends and clients not participate either.

I'm truly hurt and embarrassed to be treated like this.  😞

This is the first I'm hearing that RSVP means nothing to Google.  Lame guys.    Nobody told me I was on a "wait list" or that I wasn't welcome.  Clearly I'm not worth the time to email and disinvite.

I told everyone that "Google was taking me out for dinner"...

I guess Google has made a liar out of me.

Wounded,

Andy  😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

This content has been removed.