Sagir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Recap: Worldwide Photo Walk Lagos Day2

Dear Local Guides Welcome to the Recap of the Worldwide Photo walk Meetup Lagos  day 2 held on the 25th of February 2018

as part of the Worldwide Photo walk Meetup initiated by @AlejandraMaria from Ayamonte, Spain.

We chose Tafawa Balewa Square also known as T.B.S as the point of Showcasing the beauty of Lagos,City Nigeria to the World.

The day started with a great weather making our Photo walk Meetup an enjoyable one.

Altogether we were 6 including a radio presenter known as Willy who just joined us in the Local Guides Program that participated together in this meetup.

We gather at the popular Tafawa Balewa Square in Lagos.

The Photo walk started immediately right from the Meetup venue. We started taking photos of  of our surrounding and also photos of the BRT terminal located at the venue,

photo by Jamesphoto by JamesIMG_0867.jpgIMG_0896.jpg

but we had a slight challenge as a security personnel approached us and told us  we can't take photos of the terminal.

So we moved on and proceeded to the Tafawa Balewa Square itself.

Getting there we photographed  the Eyo Masquerade Monument & also the horses that are there.

Eyo MasqueradeEyo Masqueradepeace horsespeace horses

The Eyo Masquerade is the  of the most important that is very unique to Lagos, Nigeria. In  modern times, it is presented by the people of Lagos as a tourist event and due to its history, is traditionally performed on Lagos Island of Lagos City.  To know more about the Eyo Masquerade festival please visit this link here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyo_festival

After that we left the Tafawa Balewa Square and extended our Photo walk to the Lagos City Mall.

On getting to the mall we started taking photos and as we are taking photos we got approached by an Indian Man who just newly opened a supermarket at the mall, So he took us around and also took us to his Supermarket as well to show us the place.

It was a great experience as we met with him because we discussed and shared some little Experiences together for a short time. After conducting the Photo walk at the mall it was now ready to call the 3 hours meet-up to an end.  Seemingly it all looks like we shouldn't stop because the fun and togetherness and happiness was just so amazing.  Some of the meet-up attendees shared their experiences Like @MrLabule he said and I quote: ”I was able to get my favourite pear flavoured Fayrouz premium soft drink and also got to meet with the owner of Bazaar supermarket and interacted with him one on one with the other local guides, there's always something new to discover and enjoy on each meet up I look forward to more and more meetups been organised in the future as well.”

chatting  at meet upchatting at meet upHappy facesHappy faces

No doubt from such words you can really say I and the meetup attendees had a great fun and Experience together.

Before departing to our various destinations I also encourage some of the attendees whom are not active on connect to become active on Connect because the platform is a great platform for Local Guides to meet, connect and interact with one another.

I look forward to organising more and more meetups in the future. 

Photo album

video link: https://youtu.be/CVF3sVlvAcY

@HelloSamsonR @Justine2807 @ValeriaA_ @AustinCO @SalmaanN @DavidTito

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Tafawa Balewa Square Lagos Island Lagos, Massey Bamgboshe St, Lagos, Nigeria
33 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Recap: Worldwide Photo Walk Lagos Day2

Hey @Sagir,

Thanks for the RECAP. Looks like it was very interesting and great shots!

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
Level 10

Congrats @Sagir on your awesome meet up! All of you look really happy in the photos and I can see you had a good time. Thanks for sharing the recap with us 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

Hi @Sagir bro.

First of all, thanks a lot for tagging me. Your recap story is very interesting. Your meeting with Indian person during this Meetup made me happy. All the photos of your meetup is great. I am so glad your meetup went successful with some amazing Local Guides. 

Best Regards,

Salmaan

Vellore Local Guides
Connect Moderator

Thanks @GeorgesHR

I'm happy that you like my recap..

We had a lovely time..

Kind regards

Sagir

Connect Moderator

Thanks for your kind comments @ValeriaA_

Regards

Sagir

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

Congrats @Sagir on your awesome meet up! All of you look really happy in the photos and I can see you had a good time. Thanks for sharing the recap with us 🙂

Connect Moderator

Thanks @SalmaanN bro

I'm happy this meet up went well.

It was fun we had great time.

@wildspan @AustinCO @MrLabule and Alexis are the guys that make it possible. Kudos to them..

@SalmaanN wrote:

Hi @Sagir bro.

First of all, thanks a lot for tagging me. Your recap story is very interesting. Your meeting with Indian person during this Meetup made me happy. All the photos of your meetup is great. I am so glad your meetup went successful with some amazing Local Guides. 

Best Regards,

Salmaan

Level 9

Very very nice meetup bro @Sagir i like how you all smiling and having fun :-)😁👍😁👍

Can you please add the libk for part one 😁👍🎉

Level 9

Fantastic, wonderful, amazing @Sagir 👏👏👏👏

In this virtual trip to Lagos I have discovered the "Eyo Masquerade", very very peculiar. Thanks for the link for complementing information 😉

I love the photo with happy faces 😀 😁, you look awesome.

Is very interesting the idea of introducing Google Maps and Connect to the participants. It´s a great moment to share ideas and information.

Congratulations motivated Local Guides!!!

Good Evening from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 10

So I'll love to visit India one day because of the free will to interact from that one single Indian man. He expressed himself well and happy to see us. 

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!