BishowvijayaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] Thamel 💃Amble || WW Photo walk || Showcasing the beauty of our city || Kathmandu, Nepal

Video recap (a must watch video from Thamel city)

Thamel is the beautiful city which resides inside Kathmandu valley; the capital city of Nepal. With the increment of flow of tourists from abroad Thamel has set up itself as topmost tourist destination in the country. The whole market is provided densely with Nepali products and foreign products as well. Testing the Nepali foods, buying Pashmina products & Thanka arts, dancing in Rodhi houses, hearing typical classic & religious tunes etc. etc.; I don't know how much intense feeling you will experience but I am pretty sure that you will definitely have a lifetime experience.

20180227_152655-COLLAGE.jpg

'Thamel Amble' was the photowalk 💃event from Nepal in association with Worldwide Photowalk event with the slogan 'showcasing the beauty of your city' and many thanks to @AlejandraMaria for lunching this concept from Spain throughout the globe. As we were going to exhibit the beauty of our city so we turned the slogan into 'showcasing the beauty of our city'. To make the event name unique and fitting with the scenario of Thamel as well the concept of Photo Walk we planned to organize the event in no vehicle zone of the Thamel and named it 'Thamel Amble'. All the participant local guides were informed not to come with private vehicle or manage parking for them themselves. It may seem uneasy but all was for comfortability. You feel comfortable if your mind is free from any tensions like parking bill, time bound parking etc. We wanted to mandate the word 'Amble' (an unhurried leisurely walk 💃, an easy gait 💃) because it's not only about completing a photo walk, it's about making one of the precious moment of our life most valuable.

20180227_152135-COLLAGE.jpg

As 32 teethes are required to preserve the beauty of our mouth so Thamel (the city within the city) is not the one and only beauty of Kathmandu valley but of course it's the front teeth. The amazing thing about Thamel is that any tourist from abroad observes Nepali lifestyle and products and any Nepali visiting the Thamel observes the foreign lifestyle. But being a Google local guides our visit to Thamel was to visualize the both; foreign as well as Nepali lifestyle. Nepali local guides are also observing the Nepali lifestyle in Thamel; it may feel awkward but here is the scenario. Nepal is multilingual (125 languages) and multicast (123) country.  Beside that its geography has three layers; Himalayas region, Mountainous region and Plane region. Because of this there is huge diversity in every region. A layman also can easily understand that there is a variation in lifestyle between the citizen of Himalayan region and Plane region.

20180227_153256-COLLAGE.jpg

This is my experience that every people seeks happiness. I always tell them to fill smile on their face. Their answer is always the same; we can smile only if we are happy. You may be in the same category. There is no way to prove that the smile is genetically encoded in every Nepalese but when you look at them they smile. Me too. Smile is not only the beauty of Thamel but the beauty of entire nation too. You see someone smiling at you, you will also smile. We are self-induced and you can be mutually induced. I can be unhappy for not being in moon but I can smile looking at the full moon at midnight. Likewise if you don't have time and condition to be in Thamel then smile that you have this post and video too.

20180227_152508-COLLAGE.jpg

But my recommendation for you is step in the streets of Thamel. Let's vanish in the vicinity of the Thamel. Let's smile together.

I love to map local businessesI love to map local businesses

The fun fact about this meetup was that I was with Comilla Local guides Badge and Nepal Local guides t-shirt. Sometimes before @Kamalhasnainee from Bangladesh had sent me badge and t-shirt of his community 'Comilla Local guides' and I was seeking a right opportunity to present with these greetings. This may not be the reason but I was thought as foreigner and asked three, four times by tourist guides for any kind of guidance. As the t-shirt is a bit larger to me so I will feature it by reducing it to my size in another right moment.

20180301_041057-COLLAGE.jpg

Thank you so much all of you dear fellows @BishnuS (Bishnu Subedi), @AnupamaG (Anupama Gautam), @Surendra (Surendra Shrestha), @SovitaD (Sovita Dahal), @RupendraNeupane (Rupendra Neupane) and @LaxmiG1 (Laxmi Gautam) for your active participation and support in this event. Positive feedback give me smile and negative one always help me to improve myself. So I expect any kind of feedback from all of you. The arena of local guides within and abroad is always been courageous and supportive to me. Thank you so much all of you. See you all in upcoming meet-ups.

20180227_153036-COLLAGE.jpg

You will miss the real beauty of Thamel unless you check the video above. Click here for huge collection of amazing photos taken during the meet up.

IMG_2212.JPG

A happy Google Local Guide from Nepal with a big smile; this is me Bishowvijaya Pandey, the host of 'Thamel Amble' terminating the post for now. Namaste! 🙏

Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
57 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Thamel 💃Amble || WW Photo walk || Showcasing the beauty of our city || Kathmandu, Nepal

@BishowvijayaP You really showcased the beauty of your city to us. You guys had a lovely time out. I love the way you all moved in group during this Photowalk. Your video is great as well. I like the way you highlighted and talked about Thamel in the video. Watching the video no doubt it shows why it is a diamond in the middle of Kathmandu.

I will like to visit your diamond city sometimes soon in the future :). Thanks for sharing your recap experience with us. 

Level 9

Re: [Recap] Thamel 💃Amble || WW Photo walk || Showcasing the beauty of our city || Kathmandu, Nepal

Hello @BishowvijayaP,

Wuauuu, amazing and incredible Beautiful, Colourful Thamel. And now we know way  your meet-up is called  Thamel Amble.

I love all the photos, specially the collage where you put the name of the participants :))

I like too much the video, with all of you in movenment 🙂 Is the best way to see that all of you had an incredible time together visiting the Thamel Amble.

Many many thanks for being part of this World Wide Photo Walk Meet-Up and showcase the Beauty of Nepal.  

Congratulations to all of you!!!!

Namaste

Alejandra.

Level 10

@BishowvijayaP Nice recap. I love the video Recap. 

Connect Moderator

Wowwww... What a great recap bro @BishowvijayaP You have covered lots of places in your photo walk. Thamel Amble is really beautiful place 

Thanks for sharing beauty from Nepal and many many congratulations for completing great meetup.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Hi @BishowvijayaP

Nice one,I like documentary style video recap,and your back ground voice is making such great impact.

You choose a beautiful tourist attractions place for photo walk and to show case the beauty of your city.

Congratulations for successful meet up.so you're no more one man community.

Thanks for sharing

Have a nice day

Level 9

Beautiful photography @BishowvijayaP and thanks to all for sharing your great efforts with us. 

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 10

Hi @BishowvijayaP! This is an amazing recap. You have for sure showcased the beauty of your city to the world. You've been very descriptive and the photos have helped me know your city better. I love the emoji you used 💃💃💃 haha. I'd love to visit the market one day, there seem to be nice things, I'd totally buy something! 

Thank you very much for sharing this with us, you rock! 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

Awesome. Great to see you all getting together. Thank you for sharing your beautiful city with us. Thamel looks like a photographers dream location. Every frame full of colour. Thanks again and kindest regards to you, @BishowvijayaP and to all the Nepal Local Guides, from Osaka78 🙂

Level 10

@BishowvijayaP that's a wonderful recap. Great meet-up.