SoniaK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Yosemite- an AMAZING gateway to the nature

@SoniaK @Andras_H, those Yukons are MASSIVE!! What Andras and @RohithaF drove are not your standard size Yukons!

I did read through your original post. But I guess I did not see the album link. I'm amazed that you guys were able to start driving at 4 am! Happy to see that you got to see just the tip of what Yosemite has to offer. 

As for next year, will see if I can join you all. It will depend a lot on my schedule. So glad we did get to spend time Friday afternoon and into the evening with you though in a large group. Next time, we have to reduce the size so we can actually chat longer and in greater details, ok?

Cheers,

Karen

P.S.: Thanks so much for the blue drawstring purse. I love handicrafts / textiles / weaved materials because it is an art form and not machine made. 

@SoniaK wrote:

@KarenVChin wrote:

Amazing recap @SoniaK. I know it was a HUGE, MASSIVE undertaking to get 11 countries and 5 continents to plan, make decisions, and to keep moving according to a very tight 36-hour schedule, with no room for any error to occur!   Definitely, I can say you deserve a medal for "Most Organized Local Guide of LGSummit17" for sure, hands down!

Hahahaha..... thank you @KarenVChin. Does such category even exist? I am not really looking forward to the medal. But my teammates were the happiest, and that's what my ultimate achievement was. I want to particularly thank @YK1001 for taking care of the accounts, @RohithaF for willing to be our driver and entertain us non-stop all the time (and he seemed to be a great fan of my cooking as well, loved that too) and @Andras_H for being the first one to come up to join me for this amazing trip and not to mention, for being the coolest photographer ever (he took some really good pictures of us that could win some awards too).

Next year, you definitely need to stay out in Yosemite for at least 3 nights so that you guys can explore more of the vast Yosemite Valley.

I will. That's a promise I made to myself. I don't know if I will be selected next year or not, but I definitely will make a plan to camp there for at least a week, along with other LGSummit18 participants. It would be just wonderful if I could take all these 14 members along with me for that camping. And I will feel honored if you join us for camping as well. @KimberlyAnnG already said she would join. Right, Kim?

My only question is for such a long recap: "Why are you being skimpy with the photos for this 36-hour adventure?!"  Is it what happens in Yosemite, stays in Yosemite?!  Team Yosemite where is your shared Google Photos album?  = )

LOL.....no, I just didn't want to post a lot of photos here to make this post even bigger. I have already made the recap quite long. Not many people will have the patiance to read it all. But I had to share all these details, just to let people know how we felt organizing the tour. And pictures are shared in this link as well. You probably have missed it in the original post. 🙂

Connect Moderator

@KarenVChin wrote:

@SoniaK @Andras_H, those Yukons are MASSIVE!! What Andras and @RohithaF drove are not your standard size Yukons!

I did read through your original post. But I guess I did not see the album link. I'm amazed that you guys were able to start driving at 4 am! Happy to see that you got to see just the tip of what Yosemite has to offer. 

Hi @KarenVChin, thanks for the feedback. I will amend the words to make the like more noticeable.

Starting at 4 AM was a real challenge for all of us. I was actually concerned about @AinurZ's daughter, thought she would be cranky at so early morning (sure I was wrong about toddlers) and she turned out to be the most energetic one. 

Like I already said, we saw only the cover of the book. To read it thoroughly, we have to go back there for at least a week (if not more). 

As for next year, will see if I can join you all. It will depend a lot on my schedule. So glad we did get to spend time Friday afternoon and into the evening with you though in a large group. Next time, we have to reduce the size so we can actually chat longer and in greater details, ok? 

Ya, it's a pity that we could not hangout in real sense. But I am so glad that we made it to the sailing tour, the SF Google office visit and at the end, that exclusive Thai dinner, to make it up. Next time I will try to spend at least one whole day with you, visiting the less-explored places in SF. But for these group activities, don't think about reducing the size. I learnt from summit this year that the more the merrier. Don't spoil that fun. 🙂

P.S.: Thanks so much for the blue drawstring purse. I love handicrafts / textiles / weaved materials because it is an art form and not machine made. 

You are welcome Karen. I'm glad that you liked it. This was just a gesture of my gratitude. I thought a handcrafted, traditional thing would be just a perfect gift for you. But hey, that was supposed to be a personal touch, not to be discussed here, in public. .  🙂

Level 9

Yosemite Team,
You lived an unforgettable adventure!!!
We read the recap and  see the pictures and can imagine how wonderful  this experience was.

You had a great idea, @SoniaK; congratulations! 

Connect Moderator

Level 8

@SoniaK I absolutely love to reading your composition. I am sure you would be a great novelist. 🙂

I hope you write an another memoir. 

Level 8

I am really glad able to follow a great leader, you know, @SoniaK

When you got assignment that is within one's capability, it is really a pleasure and feel so go being able to done something for the team.

Thank you for your trust in me.

@SoniaK wrote:
Hahahaha..... thank you @KarenVChin. Does such category even exist? I am not really looking forward to the medal. But my teammates were the happiest, and that's what my ultimate achievement was. I want to particularly thank @YK1001 for taking care of the accounts, @RohithaF for willing to be our driver and entertain us non-stop all the time (and he seemed to be a great fan of my cooking as well, loved that too) and @Andras_H for being the first one to come up to join me for this amazing trip and not to mention, for being the coolest photographer ever (he took some really good pictures of us that could win some awards too). 
Connect Moderator

@YK1001 wrote:

I am really glad able to follow a great leader, you know, @SoniaK

When you got assignment that is within one's capability, it is really a pleasure and feel so go being able to done something for the team.

Thank you for your trust in me.

Hi @YK1001, I don't know which great leader you are following, but I am glad that I was right about assigning the responsibilities. You are so organised and calculative in terms of maintaining the accounts that I never even had to look at the spreadsheet how much money we were spending. I just knew that we were in good hands. And that's all that matters. And it's not just me, every single member of the group trusted you. None of them raised any question about the calculation, because you never left any room for that. All the calculations were clearly mentioned in there. (I just realized that after coming back home. I never even checked the spreadsheet after I went to SF.) Thank you for being a great treasurer. And thank you for being with us. We sure will have many more trips together. Looking forward to it. 🙂

Connect Moderator

@Fructy wrote:

@SoniaK I absolutely love to reading your composition. I am sure you would be a great novelist. 🙂

I hope you write an another memoir. 

Awwww.......thank you for your kind words, @Fructy. You just made my day! I enjoy writing. Whatever I feel, whatever I experience, I love to save them all with words, in my own way. None of them are great literature though. Never thought of being a novelist, but I enjoy writing the journals. Sharing real-time experience is more fun to me than telling made up stories.  And sometimes my English is horrible too. I make a lot of grammatical errors. But I keep on telling myself all the time, English is not my primary language, so I am allowed to make some mistakes. 😛

Yes, I am working on writing about our Muir trip. Hope you have already heard the stories from Andras and of course, you have seen the photos too. I hope you will like that post as well. 

Once again, thanks a lot for your nice words, Fructy. You are the best. 😄

Level 9

@SoniaK I LOVE Yosemite and am always ready to go camping there but getting a reservation for a site within the Valley is very difficult!  @PaulPavlinovich was fortunate to get the spot he did.  Reservations open 6 months in advance and often sell out within minutes of being made available.  Until we know dates for a future Summit, we won't be able to reserve.  I'll keep an eye on it though.  As someone that LIVES here, I can use the reservation regardless of whether I get into a future Summit or not...... 😄

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 10

Hi Munni ooh @SoniaK.

I just read this wonderful recap and I am sure everyone who started reading from first line could read until the end, because its written like script of an adventure movie. 

I don't know much about the YOSEMITE but I could know that place from your recap. 

Yes you're allowed to make grammatical mistakes. ..because I am allowed too.....

You all are looking great 

Thanks for sharing. Have a nice day