Justine2807's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] -World Wide Cafe Walk Sydney Australia.

IMG_20180609_132317 (1).jpg

CAFEWALK-icon-01.jpeg

medium.pngGoogle My Maps of our Sydney World Wide Cafe photo walk.Google My Maps of our Sydney World Wide Cafe photo walk.

*Here is the Google My Maps Plan

Google Maps Local Guides Connect Sydney WW Cafe walk event:

Australian Native FlowersAustralian Native Flowers

Hello everyone. 

To start I would like to thank the organisers of the World Wide Cafe walk @Hiroyuki Takisawa and his beautiful wife @christine

We all had a terrific time as seen in all the excellent recaps and YouTube Live Streaming via Hangouts as well.

Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Cafe WalkGoogle Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Cafe Walk

The Live stream videos we have starts with all the wonderful Local Guides Connect team from Heilbronn Germany

with hosts Carlos and Guests: Tor, Mike and Mayia,

YouTube Live Streaming from Heilbronn Germany

Plus Google Maps Livestream via Hangouts hosted by Japan - 

Christine_ also there is Sydney Australia -  Briggs and Justine

Then also present is Nigeria@Sagir

And joining also is Nepal@RupendraNeupane plus @BishowvijayaP too.

Google Maps Local Guides Connect Sydney, Japan, Nigeria YouTube Live Streaming on Hangouts

We in Sydney, for our Google Maps Local Guides World Wide Cafe walk, were particularly lucky to get to Live stream with Hiroyuki and Christine and their guests too; Yamashta, Tatsunori (Tatsun), Peggy, Petakor and Kusami. Showing us all the beans and cake treats in Moryoko Japan. It was so much fun to meet you all. And we were also joined by @Surendra in Nepal and the lovely Sagir in Nigeria as well for our daytime cafes.

Google Maps Local Guides Connect Sydney, Japan, Nigeria YouTube Live Streaming on Hangouts

It was so much fun to meet you all. We then extended our Cafe Walk in Sydney to see the Wonderful Vivid Lights, Music and Ideas show in Sydney. We also had another excellent Live Streaming event with Samson RohanMartins, Magbagbeola, Adebambo and Dickson. Also with Briggs and Justine from Sydney,  Thomas E from Umina on the Central Coast of New South Wales as well.

Google Maps Local Guides Connect Sydney, Australia, Lagos Nigeria YouTube Live Streaming on Hangouts

Bees at the Calyx at The Botanical Gardens SydneyBees at the Calyx at The Botanical Gardens Sydney

To start the day I had sent messages to welcome all members to let them know my number, so no one would get lost. It is such an excellent feature for all  a organisers to keep in touch with all your guests on this superb event. 

Thomas called me to let me know he was on his way. It was perfect timing. With our second of three, I sent  messages to all on the Google Maps Local Guides WW Cafe walk Sydney that we will start at the Calyx , then make our way to the Botanical Gardens Cafe second. Then if we had time to the Museum of Sydney then The Cafe Sydney.

*Here is the Google My Maps Plan

So first we went to The Calyx Cafe. It is amazing circular set up with a huge white rotunda set up out front with a pond and trees.  I then the cafe with film/movie walls in centre with a massive live wall display in the back area (The largest live wall in the Southern hemisphere).

There is a sensational display called “Pollination” all around the Botanical Gardens that is highlighted in the Calyx. The walls and floral exhibitions are magnificent. A special home honey give in the middle. Bees hanging from the ceiling. Also there are movies all about the treasure of honey bees, how important pollination is, and how many endangered species will be lost when there are no bees. The cost to our environment will be astronomical. The movies were all talking of how preservation is of key importance.

The cafe was lovely with exquisite cake trays. All looked yummy. We decided to make our way to the Botanical Gardens Cafe next.

At the Botanical Gardens I saw on my messages from @OSAMA that it was Briggs birthday (A day early) So we had big hugs and strawberry cake to celebrate anyway.

It was a pleasurable cafe with a soft cool breeze blowing through wired walls, so it was very airy. It was large and welcoming. There was great background music to give a very soothing ambience. The staff were friendly, with fast service. We were there a while until our first Live stream came through. It was excellent to connect with Japan, Australia, Nigeria and Nepal.  

After our online Meetup YT Livestreaming we walked across to the Museum. We had added on the Callyx to make sure to see the information on the Pollination display, and check out that cafe too. So we had been having such a great time at the Botanical gardens that the Museum was closed by the time we got there. We had also added on the Vivid, Lights, Sound and Music display for Briggs birthday. So we agreed that we changed the order of the day to fit it all in.

IMG_20180609_183431.jpg

Next we talked of the very Australian “Gumnuts babies” display at the Customs house. We had had that in the Google My Maps plan so we went to the spectacular “Sydney Cafe” on the top floor. The views are breathtaking, just amazing from up there and we got a great start to the Vivid Lights, Sound and Music event. Plus Briggs and Thomas got some cocktails and savoury food. While I had a delicious cider.

Sydney Opera House in Vivid Lights, Music and Ideas ShowSydney Opera House in Vivid Lights, Music and Ideas Show

The Sydney Cafe is an incredible cafe and restaurant with a splendorous bar as well. Briggs noticed and pointed out that there are city names from all around the world carved and set all around the place. We all had a lovely time, with outstanding , very attractive service from all the friendly kind staff.

The Sydney Cafe on top of Customs house was an enjoyable success for us al. It also had mobile phone chargers, which we all needed to charge up for a big night ahead at the Vivid display. With the second YouTube Live Streaming Meetup with the Guys and Ladies in Nigeria like @HelloSamsonR ,  and @Specobelle , @dickson

@Magbagbeola , @Adebambo ,

all there enjoying the fun. 

We could not hear them well because of all the noise of the huge crowds at Vivid Sydney, but it was excellent to Connect with them at their Local Guides Connect YT  Live Stream via Hangouts. 

It was such a great night. We walked to the Sydney Opera House and got some great pictures of the lights dancing across the Sydney Harbour Bridge, lighting up the sky and buildings. Painting the city with stunning colours. Everywhere all around Sydney and the world happy people sharing the fun.

City Extra Cafe at Circular Quay to finish the DayCity Extra Cafe at Circular Quay to finish the Day                City Extra CafeCity Extra Cafe

To finish a fun eventful day of Cafe tasting, Google Maps Local Guides WW photo walk fun we went to the famous City Extra on the Wharf at Circular Quay. Briggs had a yummy Schnitzel with Pancakes for dessert. Thanks had Chicken and finished his long day/night adventure with a huge very Aussie Pavlova covered in cream and scrumptious fruit with passionfruit and strawberries winning the night!

Best wishes

Love and friendship always

Justine

* Here is the Google Maps Local Guides Connect video on YT via Hangouts we made in this event in the...

*Here is The other Google Photos Videos made for this event:

*Here is the Google Photos Album for the Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Cafe Walk In Sy...

*Here is the Official Google Photos share album for the World Wide Cafe Walk made by Hiroyuki and Christine Takisawa. With all the international Cafe walks photos being added as well ;

The Cafe Walk Album link is on the Cafe walk album notification post on Connect. Here is that link:    

Here is the Cafe walk shared Google Photos album link:                                                                     

*Here is the Google Photos share album for the World Wide Cafe Walk for Sydney Australia;

Google Maps Local Guides Connect Sydney, Australia, Lagos Nigeria YouTube Live Streaming on Hangouts

Sydney Comes alive for the Vivid Show and Briggs Birthday!Sydney Comes alive for the Vivid Show and Briggs Birthday!

Thank you all for joining in this Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Cafe Walk fun! 

Sydney NSW, Australia
57 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: [RECAP] -World Wide Cafe Walk Sydney Australia.

What an amazing recap @Justine2807!

Your meet-up really was a unique adventure through some beautiful places in Sydney! It is so wonderful to be able to see your beautiful pictures and the beautiful places that you visited.

It was also so wonderful that you were able to celebrate Brigg's birthday together with him.

Thank you for also being there to join Japan and Australia together through YT Live Streaming!

And thank you so much @Surendra for also making that happen. Without you and Justine I don't think it would have been possible to connect live like we were able to.

Congratulations on your incredibly successful meet-up, Justine!

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Thank you for sharing very beautiful and long recap @Justine2807!!!

You guys are definitely super passionate Local Guides!

I added this recap on the list 😉

Thank you!

Level 8

@Justine2807 nice recap as always and great photos and the live meetup was awesome thanks for everything 

@Justine2807 wrote:

CAFEWALK-icon-01.jpeg

medium.png

Level 10

Hi @HiroyukiTakisawa

Thank you and @Christine_T for organising this meetup. We did have a super long day because we included the Sydney Vivid Lights, Music and Ideas show in as well on our World Wide Cafe Walk. Also the fabulous YouTube Live Streaming via Hangouts all listed here on this RECAP makes it seem long, but they are short and very fun Hangouts with interactive communication between the nations being such a super result from all the work That you and Christine did! Plus everyone involved! Thanks to all who took part! 

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Level 10

Hi @Surendra

Thank you again so very much! The excellent Google Maps Local Guides Connect YouTube Live Streaming videos here are all because of your kindness and assistance. Both You and @Christine_T did brilliant jobs in working with us all to synchonise the times and arrange all these super connections! 

Great Job Surendra and Christine and all involved in the Google Maps Local Guides Connect  World Wide Cafe photo walk YouTube Live Streaming via Hangouts! Many thanks also to all the Googlers who are always helping behind the scenes! Shine on!Great Job Surendra and Christine and all involved in the Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Cafe photo walk YouTube Live Streaming via Hangouts! Many thanks also to all the Googlers who are always helping behind the scenes! Shine on!

Thank you Google Photos and YouTube teams as well as all the Google Maps and Local Guides Connect Googlers plus Connect Moderators xxThank you Google Photos and YouTube teams as well as all the Google Maps and Local Guides Connect Googlers plus Connect Moderators xxThank You all!Thank You all!

Best wishes

@Justine2807

Check out the Google Maps Local Guides Connect International YouTube via Hangouts Live Streamings! Lets make it a part of the Connect Meet-ups enjoyment! A choice to go live and have the YouTube Live Chat set up as well. Then we can promote more meetups via YT Live Streaming on Hangouts on Coinnect and give more people the chance to become Local Guides Connect members ! Join the fun:

@KarenVChin , @PaulPavlinovich , @ErmesT , @TraciC , @SanyaOdare, @RupendraN,  @IndiaC,  @deepakjhic,  @KARTHIKEYAN,  @JonasKL,  

Level 6

Hi @Justine2807

Great contribution ! Highly appreciated..

Good luck

Regards,

Thokchom DS

Level 10

Hi @THOKCHOM

Thank you so much for your kindness and support. I am glad you liked this post. It will be lovely to see you join our Google Maps Local Guides Connect World Wide Photo walks Photo albums and also be a part of fabulous Local Guides Connect interactive communication via YouTube too. 

It really is excellent how this program.connects us all everywhere. How Google Maps Connects us und we can share so.much via Connect,Google+, Blogger and YouTube too! 

Thanks again

best wishes

@Justine2807

Connect Moderator

Congratulations for your successful Meetup and thanks for sharing this beautiful recap with us. @Justine2807

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 6

Hi @Justine2807

Many many thanks for your appreciation. It will be a lovely moment, indeed, with you all the next meet up if situations at low me. It will be remarkable day for me. Let's make Google maps and Connect live a better place for the Global Cummunity.

Good luck 

Regards,

Thokchom DS

Level 8

A snap of a local coffee shop sign here I Melboure Victoria AustraliaA snap of a local coffee shop sign here I Melboure Victoria AustraliaWonderful little cafe shop around the corner from where I liveWonderful little cafe shop around the corner from where I live

Wonderfull WorldWide Cafe Walk @Christine_T  your photo album is fill with lovely photos and happy faces to link with.

The joy of friends and coffee for all the celebrate  Thank you for organizing @HiroyukiTakisawa 

Having such a great time here in Melbourne.

Kind regards,

Richard (aka Jordmate)

Cheers
Richard