Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Nigeria Accessible Walk-BS

Nigeria Accessible Walk-BS

Lagos

Lagos, Nigeria

July 01, 2018 @ 12:30 (WAT)

Accessibility gives people with special needs unhindered support to move around. Our second Photowalk is a follow-up of the successful event in June. This is a nationwide awareness on accessible inclusiveness. Nigeria Accessible Walk (NAW) will be a continuous meet-up to improve maps for our disabled brethren. Broad Street is Nigeria's Wall Street. It is part of the streets that make up central business district of Africa’s largest city. The major aim of this meet-up is to help provide accessibility information to people with limited mobility, wheelchairs, pushchairs, auditory and vision impaired. We’ll also add new places, take photos, edit places and make accessibility reviews. Be ready to see historic buildings like the CSS Bookshop. GADGETS: Please bring your mobile phones, cameras, chargers and power banks. REFRESHMENT: Liquid contents will be provided for attendees who register online. CLOTH: The weather may be sunny and hot or rainy; you may wear simple jeans/denim, cap/sunglasses and sneakers. Please put-on your LOCAL GUIDE T-SHIRT! Tuck in a small umbrella in your backpack too. WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Everyone is welcome. Local Guides from any part of Nigeria can join us and of course new members too. We'll assemble at Tantalizers (Beside Cathederal Church of Christ) HASTAGS #AccessibleNG #LocalGuides #LetsGuide

RSVP here

Lagos, Nigeria
13 comments
Level 8

Re: Nigeria Accessiblility Walk-BS

@EmekaUlor wrote:

Nigeria Accessiblility Walk-BS

Lagos

Lagos, Nigeria

@July 01, 2018 @ 12:30 (WAT)

Accessibility gives people with special needs unhindered support to move around. Our second Photowalk is a follow-up of the successful event in June. This is a nationwide awareness on accessible inclusiveness. Nigeria Accessible Walk (NAW) will be a continuous meet-up to improve maps for our disabled brethren. Broad Street is Nigeria's Wall Street. It is part of the streets that make up central business district of Africa’s largest city. The major aim of this meet-up is to help provide accessibility information to people with limited mobility, wheelchairs, pushchairs, auditory and vision impaired. We’ll also add new places, take photos, edit places and make accessibility reviews. Be ready to see historic buildings like the CSS Bookshop. GADGETS: Please bring your mobile phones, cameras, chargers and power banks. REFRESHMENT: Liquid contents will be provided for attendees who register online. CLOTH: The weather may be sunny and hot or rainy; you may wear simple jeans/denim, cap/sunglasses and sneakers. Please put-on your LOCAL GUIDE T-SHIRT! Tuck in a small umbrella in your backpack too. WHO SHOULD ATTEND: Everyone is welcome. Local Guides from any part of Nigeria can join us and of course new members too. We'll assemble at Tantalizers (Beside Cathederal Church of Christ) HASTAGS #AccessibleNG #LocalGuides #LetsGuide

RSVP here

Good luck Emeka

Best regards

Level 5

How can I get d local guides T-shirt n how much does it cost? 

Connect Moderator

Level 8

Hello Emeka,

I felt sad that I missed the walk but I must say, that was an outstanding initiative. I know the importance of sensitizing people on the use of pathways, most especially the inclusiveness of the physically challenged people. 

I as an Architect has always and will continue to support this course in my designs and whenever I have discussions with my colleague.

Thank You.

Level 8

Hello Obisco,

All I can recommend is that you find time to sign-up for the next meet up; upon registration, you will be notified on how to get the local guides T-shirt.

I hope this helps!!!!!

Connect Moderator

Hello @AkinPen the next meetup is on  July 1st. So join us. It promises to be fun and developmental too. 

Level 10

Re: Nigeria Accessible Walk-BS

The meetup point isn't clear enough! Please elaborate where the starting point will be! 

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Level 6

Great One Emeka. so sad I would not be available for this one

Regards

Connect Moderator

@MrLabule

Tantalizer is opposite CMS Bookshop.