Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Meet-up Alerts

@Corrie @iyudhi @AnoukV, et al, Could the Local Guides program please offer Local Guides the chance to subscribe to meet-up alerts near their chosen home city? A lot of the time after a meet-up, someone complains that they weren't aware of the meet-up, and that we should have told them, Now, not every Local Guide uses Google Plus actively, that means even if the word gets all around Google Plus, some of them wont get to hear about it, however I know most Local Guides are active Gmail users, so if there were provision for subscribing to an email alert of a scheduled meet-up, a lot of problems might just be solved, and developing communities will find it useful for their development. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one this affects, so if you're affected too, a little backup will be appreciated. 

Enugu, Nigeria
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Meet-up Alerts

Hi @Anonymous - Thanks for this feedback. We've heard this idea from a lot of Local Guides so we're looking into the best ways to help hosts promote their meet-ups and to surface relevant meet-ups to Local Guides in their area. The site is still quite new and our current focus is to make sure that everything works as it should before we start adding new features. More to come!

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

That's actually a good idea @Anonymous. Whatever that can increase awareness for meetup happening is definitely a good thing. Just need to be careful not to be spammy.

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @Anonymous - Thanks for this feedback. We've heard this idea from a lot of Local Guides so we're looking into the best ways to help hosts promote their meet-ups and to surface relevant meet-ups to Local Guides in their area. The site is still quite new and our current focus is to make sure that everything works as it should before we start adding new features. More to come!

Level 7

I just wanted to ask for the same feature, when I saw this post. Definitely a great feature request and much needed.