Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Map-A-Charity

Map-A-Charity

Modupe Cole

Oluwole St, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria

July 14, 2018 @ 10:00 (WAT)

The Map-A-Charity meet-up is aimed at drawing attention to various charitable organisations in Lagos/Nigeria and helping their causes by ensuring that they are properly detailed on Google Maps. This is so that anyone wishing to support them finds all the details they need on Maps. It is hoped that the Map-A-Charity event will become a regular meet-up and will spread to other parts of Nigeria, so that we are able to cover as many nonprofits in the country. This meet-up will be held at Modupe Cole Memorial Childcare & Treatment Home which was established in 1960. Somewhere in the existence of the home, the Lagos State Government stepped in and took over Management. The home currently caters to more than 450 children, teens and adults with mental and developmental challenges, some of whom have been at the home for a very long time. There is one case of a resident in the home who is 66 years old and has been at the home since he was 6 six years old. The home needs support in all sorts of forms (food items, clothes, adult diapers, rechargeable lamps, mattresses, diesel, etc) but these have to come through on a constant basis. Various organisations have been supporting the school over the years and there is still so much room for a great deal of improvement. Do ensure you come with fully charged phones, battery banks, items you wish to donate to the home/school. But more importantly, come with an open heart to show love to the residents of the home/school.

RSVP here

Oluwole St, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria
9 comments
Level 6

Re: Map-A-Charity

I love this initiative and I'll be glad to be part of it. I hope other states will benefit from this soon cos Lagos is always the center of discussion.

Level 10

@Sayo Nice one bro 👊🏼

Level 10

It's part if helping others in any possible way we can... I'll be supportive by God's Grace.

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!
Level 6

Honestly speaking , I can't afford to mid this kind of meet up! This one appeals to me most. This is one of my life passion. God bless the organizer! I look forward to draw inspiration from the organizer in view of organizing similar meetup. I expect all LG in attendance! God bless you all!

Tonyvoke
Level 6

Awesome. I will make plans to attend

Emmanuel Ibekwe
Connect Moderator

@Sayo, what a great idea for a meetup! I am going to move your post over the Let's Meet Up board for more Local Guides to see this.

Please tag me when you write your meetup recap.  Love to see how this all turns out!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Thank you so much @KarenVChin. Looking forward to the outcome and will definitely tag you in the recap.

Many fellow local guides have shown their interest in this meet-up and some have contributed towards getting items needed by the residents of the home we are visiting.

Cheers.

Level 8

Looking forward to meeting you.

Level 8

Thanks @U-royFelixA