olli_veganberlin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Local Guides and me... my experience with Local Guides

My experience with Local Guides only began about half a year ago.

Being raised in Germany, sharing data, information and even photos online is something I was very cautious about and tried to avoid whenever possible.

However, when a friend told me about Local Guides, this changed quite a bit.

My friend told me about the Local Guides community and how great it would be, specifically for me and my hobby project.
About a year ago, I created my online platform "VeganBerlin" (www.veganberlin.com) - a vegan food guide to Berlin with various maps and recommendations for vegan-friendly and vegetarian restaurants and cafés. Whenever I would visit a café or restaurant, I would take lots of photos, write down notes and, of course, try the food.

All in all, I was sitting on a huge pile of photos and information about the vegan-friendly restaurant/café scene in Berlin. And the "only" thing I was doing with it, was putting it on veganberlin.com step by step.

After hearing about Local Guides however, I was convinced that sharing all of my information publicly would benefit people much much more.

So shortly after, I started doing it - uploading my photos, writing reviews about places, answering questions and later also creating lists. And to be honest, I was overwhelmed with how many people actually looked at my photos and reviews and seemed to be really helpful for the insights.

This really gave me the motivation to continue - continue sharing my photos and experiences. Although in the beginning I was very hesistant, as I didn't want to put my creative works online "for everyone to see on Google", my perspective has massively changed.

Helping people - the intial idea of "VeganBerlin" - is just so much more a motiviation and inspiration, that I don't mind sharing any more (except for some more private data). By now I would recommend everyone to support this community (because it actually feels like a community) and help spread the word.

About me:  I am Oliver, 31 years old and currently live in Berlin. Besides baking and biking, I very much enjoy eating and trying new things 🙂

google_oliver.jpg

Berlin, Germany
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Local Guides and me... my experience with Local Guides

Welcome to Connect, @olli_veganberlin.  Thanks for sharing your story with us

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Re: Local Guides and me... my experience with Local Guides