nickmayer79's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: Local Guide's in Great Cincinnati Area?

Hi everybody. Does anyone know how to find fellow Local Guides? I feel like it is only the most dedicated that would find this community.
I only found it because I did some serious searching.

Would anyone be interested in getting together in the next couple of weeks?
Say, Tuesday January 10, 2017 at Braxton Brewery at 7pm
Good local beer. A great environment. Lots of parking. You can even either bring food or have it delivered.
I will be happy to set up an official Meetup if there is interest here.

Level 8

That could be fun! I work on the Eastside so I could possibly swing by after work! I know going to KY could be a pain but I'm thinking if we do something like this once a month? We could go to a bunch of different places in greater Cincinnati! So I'm game!

Level 9

I'd be down as well! There was a few more of us in a different thread perhaps? We had been talking about a *certified chapter* not so long ago. They had created a g+ group...

But yea, could be hard to find this place. Though email should have gone out to all Local Guides. 

If you see a local guide review, can you click on their name (in maps) and get to their g+ page?

Level 8

I haven't been able to connect to a g+ page annoyingly enough. It only brings me to their local community profile page. Something you think Google would be on top of ugh. 

Level 9

@RachelR wrote:

I haven't been able to connect to a g+ page annoyingly enough. It only brings me to their local community profile page. Something you think Google would be on top of ugh. 

That is odd, but that could help make contact, if you really wanted. 

Level 3

You have to go to plus.google.com to actually get to the community. 
I posted there as well. 

I would like to make Local Guide meetups a regular thing as well. I picked Braxton because I know they handle expandable groups well and you can bring food in if you want. It is also close to my house so I figured if nobody else shows up, I am going someplace I am familiar with to hang out for an hour or so. 

If more than 5 people say they are interested, I will ask them about reserving an area for us. 

Should I set up an official meetup.com meetup to try to get interest there as well? I don't think I can ask my yelper friends to spread the word there. 🙂

Level 3

Here is the link to the Cincinnati Local Guides community

Local Guides of Greater Cincinnati

Level 3

FYI, I have set up a Facebook event for the meetup next week. 

It is a public event so please share away. It would be great to see who all is interested in this group. 

One of my goals is to come up with a plan to get us an official Google sanctioned group (50+contributing members) by July. 

Local Guides of Greater Cincinnati meetup

https://www.facebook.com/events/356421701393673/?ti=as

Level 9

Thanks for getting that setup. Would love to get an official group.

Level 9

How did it go? How many got to go? Was disappointed I couldn't, I live a bit far out to come all the way back north at 7...