nickmayer79's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: Local Guide's in Great Cincinnati Area?

It went well. There was actually only one person that came out that was already a Local Guide, but I introduced the program to 5 new people. 

Sadly, I think that is more telling than anything. 

However, from my tracking on FB it looks like very few people actually shared the event and almost all of the people that signed up for the FB group were the people I sent invites to directly. I am hoping there will be more involvement the next go around. 
My thought right now, is to set up a walking tour of Pleasant Ridge. This puts it in the middle of Cincinnati Metro area with lots of parking and some cool stuff that are not just restaurants/bars. 

I'm going to do some research in the coming week and put together a bit of a summary and check local calendars/farmer's almanacs etc. to find a Saturday afternoon in March that would work for this. I expect to have the event set up by the first week of February. 

If I don't get very good response to that, I am not sure how I will proceed.

I am not looking to be a regional manager so there is little incentive for me doing this except for the knowledge that Dayton isn't the only region in the tri state with an official local guides chapter any more. 

Level 8

I would so prefer a Sunday over a Saturday. One less traffic and 2. Most people don't work sunday's as opposed to Saturdays 😉

Level 9

@SeanH wrote:

It went well. There was actually only one person that came out that was already a Local Guide, but I introduced the program to 5 new people. 

Sadly, I think that is more telling than anything. 

However, from my tracking on FB it looks like very few people actually shared the event and almost all of the people that signed up for the FB group were the people I sent invites to directly. I am hoping there will be more involvement the next go around. 
My thought right now, is to set up a walking tour of Pleasant Ridge. This puts it in the middle of Cincinnati Metro area with lots of parking and some cool stuff that are not just restaurants/bars. 

I'm going to do some research in the coming week and put together a bit of a summary and check local calendars/farmer's almanacs etc. to find a Saturday afternoon in March that would work for this. I expect to have the event set up by the first week of February. 

If I don't get very good response to that, I am not sure how I will proceed.

I am not looking to be a regional manager so there is little incentive for me doing this except for the knowledge that Dayton isn't the only region in the tri state with an official local guides chapter any more. 

In that other thread there was a lady that seemed interested in being a manager. I could help as well, but do not want to be the lead. Still, what you are doing is a great start!

Level 3

That is Cimmara and she was the one Local Guide to show up. 

I will look at Sunday over Saturday for the March tour. 

Level 4
Level 4

I am in FairfieldTownship/Hamilton Ohio and just made Level 4 Guide 🙂 

Level 9

Welcome to the party! Join the Google Plus group if you can! Trying to get as many of us connected as possible!!

Level 8

Woohoo! Welcome to the party! Not much longer to level 5! 😉

@HB wrote:

I am in FairfieldTownship/Hamilton Ohio and just made Level 4 Guide 🙂 

Level 4

For anyone in the Northern KY/Cincinnati area that would like to connect with other awesome local guides, please feel free to join and share with the Local Guides Cincinnati community at https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107658504528035919918. So excited to meet other local guides in this area.

@NickM wrote:

Any LG's in Great Cincinnati Area?

Would definitely be interested in at least chatting with other like minded adventurers in the area!

Level 9

Hey there! Welcome!

We already have a (small) group set up here: https://plus.google.com/communities/103756426595165391917

We need to build it's membership up if we ever hope for it to become an official group. Needs 50 members at least I believe.

Great to hear from more Cincinnatians though!

@BrookeM wrote:

For anyone in the Northern KY/Cincinnati area that would like to connect with other awesome local guides, please feel free to join and share with the Local Guides Cincinnati community at https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/107658504528035919918. So excited to meet other local guides in this area.

@NickM wrote:

Any LG's in Great Cincinnati Area?

Would definitely be interested in at least chatting with other like minded adventurers in the area!