DominicD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Junk Boat Hong Kong!

Hi Hong Kong Local Guides!

I am a local guide from New York City and I will be visiting HK with 3 of my friends. We really wanted to book a Junk trip but weren't able to find enough friends to make it financially viable. I thought I'd at least put my feelers out there and see if anyone on here would be interested! I have seen some for around HK$5500+

if you're interested, lets keep in touch!

My trip will be from april 2nd to the 12th

-Dominic D.

Hong Kong
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Junk Boat Hong Kong!

Hi Dominic,

I don't think you can easily find so many people to share the rental ( I guess at least 10 people), but there are different options for boating.

If you just wanna have a dinner over the Victoria Harbour, you may try the following with a small junk boat and seafood dinner.

https://goo.gl/maps/yZLusmXrAK12

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Fine me on Instagram: brett.to.go

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

Hi Dominic,

I don't think you can easily find so many people to share the rental ( I guess at least 10 people), but there are different options for boating.

If you just wanna have a dinner over the Victoria Harbour, you may try the following with a small junk boat and seafood dinner.

https://goo.gl/maps/yZLusmXrAK12

Deep visit of Hong Kong series: Visit Hong Kong 101 | Cha Chaan Teng 茶餐廳 | Cart noodle 車仔麪

Level 6

Omg that’s amazing! Thank you so much for the suggestion.

yeah I know it’s a long shot with the full junk boat but I thought i’d try 😝

if you have any more HK must dos that are a bit off the beaten path let me know!

thanks again @Brett

Level 10

I don't think I can offer you any "must do" in Hong Kong.  As you properly can find a thousand on Internet.

But as a local guide, if you can tell me your interest, I think our Hong Kong localguides can offer you some more special places that only locals know. 😉

Level 5

If you want to get on a weekend junk, there are plenty of offers on groups from the "Meet up" website. Some are run for profit, while some junks just want to get enough guys signed up so they can share the cost. Check out the groups. 

As for something a bit different, personally I enjoy walking around Shum Shui Po on the Kowloon side. It is easily accessible by taking the MTR. There you will find an interesting market for computer and IT gear, tools, and electronic gizmos. You can also see the blend of cultures living in the district. Here you will have the chance to sample an array of local foods, and given the number of Pakistanis in the district there are also a couple of good curry restaurants. Also as one of the poorer districts o, you can see the real Hong Kong in action, devoid of the luxury chain shops seen everywhere else.