JosephDewey's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

What can I do when my addition gets "Not Applied"?

I've added quite a few places, but I'm very perplexed about what to do when a business gets "Not Applied," after I submit a business. Especially because I usually take 1-2 pictures for the businesses that get uploaded to Google Maps.

What should I do, especially with those pictures? Should I resubmit the addition right away? Should I submit again after a few weeks? Should I bring a friend to that business and have them submit it? And what should I do with that picture that's now stuck as "View Place" on my profile? Should I trust that Google will eventually realize it made a mistake in not applying my listing, and apply that picture when it eventually adds that business?

Note that I do a lot of research to make sure that the business isn't there before I add it.

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: What can I do when my addition gets "Not Applied"?

@JosephD wrote:

Should I resubmit the addition right away?

If you resubmit the same info you're likely to get the same result.

Since there's no feedback on edits the best way for LGs to get an idea why an addition failed is to ask the forum by posting in Mapping Your World. Include a map link to the location, a screenshot of the 'Thank you, your edit/addition is being reviewed' email and a description of what the place is and what you're trying to achieve. That in itself won't make an edit happen but it can very often identify a simple error that the LG is making, which can help with many other future edits

View solution in original post

Level 10

@JosephDewey

hey,

This kind of problem has been with me for the past 1 month, and it is still continue.I want to add a website on a tuition classes place but every time it will be rejected.

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

Hi @JosephDewey there is really nothing you can do.

My suggestion is to collect more details you can about the places you want to add, opening hours, web sites and phone number could help in addition process.

Also, take care to add the name in the correct format (no capital letters, no area informations, no type of business information).

Thanks

Level 7

@JosephDewey Hyy

I Think Google Want To Confirm.

I Think It Will Take More Time.

Or You Can Provide Better Information Like Address Or Phone No. 

So That They Can Confirm Your Location By Post.

And They Will Send You Post With Code.

And You Can Verify By Entering Code.

Hope You Like My Answer @JosephDewey

Level 10

@JayeshK wrote:

@JosephDewey Hyy

I Think Google Want To Confirm.

I Think It Will Take More Time.

Or You Can Provide Better Information Like Address Or Phone No. 

So That They Can Confirm Your Location By Post.

And They Will Send You Post With Code.

And You Can Verify By Entering Code.

Hope You Like My Answer @JosephDewey

Hi @Jayeshkiri no, the verification process you are referring is Google MyBusiness, and is a program for business owners, has nothing to do with our activity as Local Guides 😉

Level 7

Yeah Exactly @LucioV 

Thanks For Reminding Me 😁😁

Level 9
Level 9
Solution

@JosephD wrote:

Should I resubmit the addition right away?

If you resubmit the same info you're likely to get the same result.

Since there's no feedback on edits the best way for LGs to get an idea why an addition failed is to ask the forum by posting in Mapping Your World. Include a map link to the location, a screenshot of the 'Thank you, your edit/addition is being reviewed' email and a description of what the place is and what you're trying to achieve. That in itself won't make an edit happen but it can very often identify a simple error that the LG is making, which can help with many other future edits

Level 4

I am also facing this "NOT APPLIED" status. It happens sometimes but after clicking on that, nothing happens and this behavior is perplexing. If google doesnt accept that, they should say how we can re-submit that.