ΔημητρηςΜ's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Serious problem with the information in maps - How to fix it?

hi...

A serious problem with the information in maps are the indications with roads closed which in fact are not.
The navigation on a route like this creates a serious problem both for the integrity of the user of the application, and the reliability of the maps.

I have tried many times through the maps to indicate the design bugs by sending several times the corrections using the sending comments,
but for several months none of the google seems to cares to fix it.

During this period many travellers followed the wrong instructions
of the Google map and some of them risked on bad roads which they have been sent by the application.

To understand exactly what happens, when there is a wrong indication that the road is closed, the application chosen another road, in most cases sends you to a longer distance,
and perhaps more dangerous.

This happens for several months in my area, and if our contribution in the maps do not have this purpose, to fix wrong informations, then all this we do here maybe is useless.

Is there someone to see what happens?

11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Serious problem with the information in maps - How to fix it?

No, I did not mean you need to wait for one year regarding your report, @ΔημητρηςΜ.

Certainly, there are ways within Google to prioritise the handling of the endless reports of issues.

My example waited 1 year do not mean yours will be the same.

Having said that, there is no maximum wait time given so far.

Please be noted that something major are changing at the end of March.  I hope things like our reports will got handled in faster paced afterwards.

View solution in original post

Level 4

I too tried it but it seems like ur not quiet high level guide to make such major changes...........

@ΔημητρηςΜ wrote:

hi...

A serious problem with the information in maps are the indications with roads closed which in fact are not.
The navigation on a route like this creates a serious problem both for the integrity of the user of the application, and the reliability of the maps.

I have tried many times through the maps to indicate the design bugs by sending several times the corrections using the sending comments,
but for several months none of the google seems to cares to fix it.

During this period many travellers followed the wrong instructions
of the Google map and some of them risked on bad roads which they have been sent by the application.

To understand exactly what happens, when there is a wrong indication that the road is closed, the application chosen another road, in most cases sends you to a longer distance,
and perhaps more dangerous.

This happens for several months in my area, and if our contribution in the maps do not have this purpose, to fix wrong informations, then all this we do here maybe is useless.

Is there someone to see what happens?

Level 8

Hi @ΔημητρηςΜ,

Currently, we can provide feedback for Roads related issues using Maps.

Here is the steps for Android Maps:

1.  Click on the handburger menu

2.  Choose Send Feedback

3.  Choose Edit the map

4.  Tap on the Road you want to report, click Next

5.  Choose the report type, as show in the screen shot below

6.  Click Send to submit the report.

Screenshot_20170219-171631.png

Level 6

Hi 

Level 6

What finally concerns me is that after several months of sending feedback, nothing absolutely does not change.
I do not know if it is the process so, or simply someone ignores these feedbacks we send.
Why i am bringing back that conversation, because i follow what i have to do to and still nothing happens, if you tell me that needs to be patience, i do that for 6 months now, me and a lot of people from my area.
Even now we are patience, waiting something to happen.
I drove today with my car to the spot that the map says that the road is closed, and i send feedback from there, after that i shoot some photos.

IMG_20170224_082035.jpgIMG_20170224_082047.jpgIMG_20170224_082051.jpgIMG_20170224_082056.jpg
Here are showing that road is open and the traffic is normal....
I am looking for a solution and i am founding a wall...
We suppose that we help others with our informations, is some there to give to us some infos.. wondering...

Level 8

Hi @ΔημητρηςΜ,

I really know how you feel.

Just this week, I have a Pedestrian Crossing shown in Maps - which I reported for over a year.  The joy when it came online allows me to leave the frustrations behind.

Level 4

So, u gave the feedback to Google by ur phone for the 1st time and have given it a lot of time by ur PC. Then I suppose ur level isn't enough for Google to believe in u. Maybe, just wondering.

Level 6

I will have to wait for a year ? Then i should feel something nobel when after a year someone correct a wrong indication?

Or i have done something wrong when i was sending the feed from my pc?

If that was the reason i will go there every day for the next 6 months and send it from my phone...
The feeling is in that all shows that something does not work properly or is my impression only.
For some are obviously very easy if they want to correct simply an indication on a map, and I wonder why there should be gone a whole year.
Meanwhile here we should tell the visitors of our region that they should not trust Google's instructions because it will threatened their integrity.
Throughout Sithonia there are more than three thousand websites, 400 currently are available to post a written warning on their home page on the reliability of the map.
Is this the solution, or is something that created more problems, I know that you know how I feel, but we do not a lot of choices when people with their cars sending drive in to dangerous routes.
Still don't get an answer...
Thank you very much for your time...

Level 8
Solution

No, I did not mean you need to wait for one year regarding your report, @ΔημητρηςΜ.

Certainly, there are ways within Google to prioritise the handling of the endless reports of issues.

My example waited 1 year do not mean yours will be the same.

Having said that, there is no maximum wait time given so far.

Please be noted that something major are changing at the end of March.  I hope things like our reports will got handled in faster paced afterwards.

Level 6

I know about April that ends map creator and things are changing , hope that will make maps better.

We will be here to help it happen with our informations...