GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2017

What a smile, loved it. 🙂

Thank you so much for being a part of us.

Nice to see your introduction here.

Have a nice time @HarHer.

@HarryH wrote:

Name: Harry
What do I love about being a Local Guide: I can share places I like and been and would like to be on the Map and let people know that it's there to see and then to explore 🙂

I love to share: I love to add and edit places. With 'Mbah Google' aka Google Search I can add information that I didn't know or knew but would like to fact-check first then let people know that the place is there, yes I love to share.

How did I hear about Local Guides: I simple love Maps (the paper ones originally- 🙂 ) then I found out about Google Maps, and later Local Guides and there it was my passion ready to explore and to share so everyone can enjoy what I enjoy.

Harry in batik - smiling :)Harry in batik - smiling 🙂

Level 8

I've been on here for a while but I've never formally introduced myself 😉

Name: Krystina Lisi

What do I love about being a Local Guide: Moving from one state to another, i relied heavily on Google Maps to get me around and guide me when choosing new restaurants, doctors, services, and entertainment. I found that a lot of small businesses lacked updated information. At my job, i assist my clients with Their google listings and help them to get verified. I understand the challenges associated with that and realized that a lot of people just weren't adding business photos and making sure their info was accurate. I loved the idea of silently helping business owners and adding content for other users.

I began really focusing on the program at the end of 2016. We suddenly lost my step dad and the world seemed pretty dark. I applied to the camera loan program and was so grateful to get a camera in January. I took my mom with me on photo tours and as I added new reviews, edits, and images to maps, I was really enjoying myself and realized my mom was too. For that reason, this program means a lot to me.

My my mom and I got to see and do things that we never would have done and we continue to do so even though I'm a level 5 Trusted Photographer. I plan on continuing the adventure.

Fun Fact About Me: I've loved google maps/earth for longer than I can remember, I've never been to the west coast. I'm going to Europe for the first time in June, I love taking pictures, I was born in the smallest state (Rhode Island)

Krystina Lisi
Level 9

@エイド井 nice post and I like people who do this accessibility information to the map. did you see the Luis Duran. hope you will also do the similar in future. all the best 🙂

Level 10

Hey! I will be travelling this summer from Nederland to Hungary and I'm planning to stop one day at your city, Nuremberg. What do you recommend me? I've found that the old city looks quite interesting, but, should I go to any place that nobody will recommend me at the tourist guides but I should not loss the opportunity to visit?

Thanks in advance and nice to meet you here!

Be happy_

Level 8

Name: Asif; but sometimes my mates call me As IF.

I love to visit new places and try to improve that locality on google maps by adding/editing places or features, uploading pictures, reviewing places, answering questions. I feel proud when I see my clicked photos got remarkable views on google maps which is beyond my expectation.  

Sharing is caring. I love to share my local knowledge as a guide to the people who are seeking reviews/information of a place. By sharing my knowledge, I meet new people. They also share their cultures, values etc..      

As I started mapping on google map maker in 2011, I was in touch with some good people. We always tried to explore something better for map users. From that interest, one of my mate and so do I learned something new which is ‘Local Guides’.    

Recently I have got ‘Trusted Photographer’ Badge which motivates me to contribute more as a Local Guides. I am the Moderator of both ‘Bangladesh Local Guides’ and ‘Dhaka Local Guides’. I have arranged several meet ups, food crawls, photo walks as a host. When I get free time, I try to contribute in Google Developer Group (GDG) Dhaka, Google Business Group (GBG) Dhaka. Here are some cool pictures which may catch your attention:MeetUP @Botanical GardenMeetUP @Botanical Gardenanother Meetup @DevFestanother Meetup @DevFestSelfie With Royal Bengal TIgerSelfie With Royal Bengal TIgerMeet UP @DevFestMeet UP @DevFestLogo launching of Public ToiletLogo launching of Public Toilet

Level 5

Hi there everyone. My turn!

1. Name: Átila
  2. Location: Porto Alegre, RS - Brazil
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I can give my point of view about different places around the world and give hints to people coming to my city.
  4. I love to share: tips about beer and food.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: After making a review, I've earned some points and discovered that this community existed. And there's even a summit!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I (still) don't have a tattoo because I'm afraid that my father will have a heart attack.

IMG-20160514-WA0031.jpgIMG-20161231-WA0005.jpg

Level 8

Thank you.
AtulP
Level 8

Thank you.

AtulP
Level 5

Introduce Yourself - April 2017

Hello All LGs,

Thanks for your good working for contributing to Google Maps and helping people around us.

My name is Raj Kumar Arora. An Research & Development Engineer by profession and Google Level - 5 Local Guide by hobby.

I found Google Maps very interesting and helpful and day to day used application. I started using Google maps around 9-10 years back in 2007 when I joined a new job in new city and I need to find different possible paths to visit new places without the help of other local persons.

I started contributing to Google Maps 2 years back and my first contribution was on 12 June 2015. Since then I am used to add new places / missing places to google maps, adding photos of places I visit, writing correct reviews of places I visit and correcting the location of existing business points/places.

As of today, I am a Level 5 Local Guide in Google maps and here is the summary of my contributions:-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total no of points     : 535

Reviews                      :   141

Places with photos   :   144

Places with answers :   104

Added places             :   102

Edited places             :      44

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By 18th April 2017, my photos reached a new record on Google Maps of 30,000 views.

I am keen to set new records very soon in this way by constantly contributing more and more to Google Maps.

Thanks for your time.

Level 5

1.Name:               ARAVIND 'MAK'    (Photographer/ Filmmaker)

2.Location:            Greenville, South Carolina, USA

3. What do I love about being a Local Guide:  Google has redefined my Identity. My friends identify me as : MAK - the Google Local Guide / the Google photographer/ The Google Mapper! (Gone are the days when people identified me by my country, race, occupation etc..) Doesn't it sound cool! 

4. I love to share: Its a happy give and take. I have introduced hundreds of places to Google Maps, in-fact I have introduced Google Maps to thousands of friends. I love to click photos, share and also review and take pride. 

5. How did I hear about Local Guides:  It would be surprising for me, if someone active in this internet world, hasn't heard of Local Guides.

6. Fun Fact About Me:   Interestingly - Post my uneasy & complicated inter-religious (Hindu-Muslim) marriage in the staunch South-India, it was Google Maps that helped harmony.  I will reveal the story at #LGsummit17 at San Francisco (LOL)MAK - The Google Local Guide! (Excuse me; I m the one, on the right!)MAK - The Google Local Guide! (Excuse me; I m the one, on the right!)