How do I add public footpath to google maps

hi iam khanhi iam khan

me and my friendme and my friend

12 Sahid Zia College Road, Mirpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh
3 comments
Level 10

Re: How do I add public footpath to google maps

Hello @SumonK

A warm welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. Great to have you here! What do you mean exactly In this Post ? Can you please add more details and the location to your post?

Now not available this Feature in Map maker for Bangladesh . please read Connect Rules    

As a first step, why don't you explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides before posting? 

Tips for getting started:

This section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

• Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
  • Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
  • Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
  • Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 
  • This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 

Don't forget to introduce yourself to your fellow Local Guides, too, and feel free to ask if you need any help or tips. 

Thanks again and have fun with Local Guides!

Mahabub Hasan
Level 3

I don't think u can add public footpath to Google maps, legal issues are involved, unless the public footpath is register with the ministry of geography of your country, and it is recognized as official

Level 8

Hi @SumonK,

It is important to determine if a specific real world feature can be added to Maps by us LGs, ad raised by @SumonK.  This type of question will be best ask at the Mapping

Your World board.

In case we need to add a Road, currently we cannot do it directly using Maps.  But we can report the missing road.

Here is the steps for Android Maps

1.  Click on the handburger menu

2.  Choose Send Feedback

3.  Choose Edit the map

4.  Tap on the Road/Area you want to report, click Next

5.  Follow the screen to complete the report, as shown below

6.  Click Send to submit the report.

Screenshot_20170219-171631.png