ScottS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Display Name

How do I change the display name on Google Local?  I rather have a nickname show up instead of my actual name.

62 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Display Name

Hey @ScottS, do you mean the actual name shown on reviews on Maps? There's currently no way to change that manually/separately. The name is basically derived from your Google account name, so if you change it, will be reflected in your reviews as well.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hey @ScottS, do you mean the actual name shown on reviews on Maps? There's currently no way to change that manually/separately. The name is basically derived from your Google account name, so if you change it, will be reflected in your reviews as well.

Level 1

Well not the name of the place but my name (Scott S)?

@ScottS wrote:

How do I change the display name on Google Local?  I rather have a nickname show up instead of my actual name.

Level 9

Hey @ScottS, do you mean the actual name shown on reviews on Maps? There's currently no way to change that manually/separately. The name is basically derived from your Google account name, so if you change it, will be reflected in your reviews as well

Level 6

I have the same question, I wouldn't like my full Google account name being displayed in my contributions, but a nickname instead.

Level 5

They really need to add this ability.  I'm always leery about leaving reviews with my real name attached.  Initials would be fine, I think.

@LilianA wrote:

I have the same question, I wouldn't like my full Google account name being displayed in my contributions, but a nickname instead.

Level 5

i need to entry the original name on the plaace 

Level 8

Google normally uses the combination of names you provided when you were creating your account as your name in local guide connect. If you want your name to change, you  have to use that nickname you like to be your google name and definitely you name will change to that nickname of your choice.

Victor Ochieng' Odongo
Level 6

To be honest, not being able to put for initials only, nickname only or first name only, I also hesitate with quite a few reviews. Not everybody lives in a big anonymous metropolis..

Please add such an option for reviews etc.

@IvanY wrote:

@IvanY wrote:

Level 5

Exactly right.  

@JorgO wrote:

To be honest, not being able to put for initials only, nickname only or first name only, I also hesitate with quite a few reviews. Not everybody lives in a big anonymous metropolis..

Please add such an option for reviews etc.

@IvanY wrote:

@IvanY wrote: