Ronnel's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

will users who spam on edits and suggest wrong info get banned?

Ok i came across with another spammer with the same strategy with banks and ATM that is spamming their contact number on all banks and atm, now another spammer is trying to get his/her way in to real estate maps i wonder if this type of users gets punished? as you can see on my screenshot places under the reported map are also real estate listings and all of them have the same website suggestion and contact number and when you go to the website it says he's a real estate licensed broker. also am i correct on the way i report it? should I choose to report abuse instead of answering the question? thank you guys

Google Maps.png

Proud to be Pinoy!
21 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: will users who spam on edits and suggest wrong info get banned?

Hi @Ronnel,

To answer your question, users (Local Guides and non Local Guides) who are caught doing spam on Google Maps do get banned and we treat it very seriously.

For your second question, whenever you see a user that is trying to create spam, commercially or not, please report it through the "flag" icon. This report goes direct to our team of analyst who will investigate and take the appropriate measures toward the user and the map to repair and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Also if you see a big trend coming up, you can also let us know either through Connect or the Google Maps Help Forum

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 6

oh my god over a 100 edits same number, same website with over 20 different real estate companies.. come on.. this should push me to level 6 lol

Proud to be Pinoy!
Level 8

You can report to one of the Google moderators. Let me tag one for you @Ronnel

@TraciC

Level 6

@mhjnok i just want to be clear as i dont want to annoy mods with reporting something like this.. am i allowed to report this type of spam even though i cant give the spammers profile url?

thanks 😉

Proud to be Pinoy!
Level 8

Yes mate, without breaching any ones privacy, you can report to Google moderators @Ronnel

Level 10

I don't see any better option than reporting abuse @Ronnel. This is intentional so there is no need to think too much to report.

Level 6

Well i guess both of you are right @BishowvijayaP @mhjn 🙂 thanks for your help .. its just that it keeps on spamming even though i reported another one appears also im not sure what happens to my report ..

Proud to be Pinoy!
Level 7

Looping @JeslynL for usual immediate support.

Thanks @Ronnel, for highlighting such spammers 😊

Level 6

thanks @EjazShah looking forward for some mods to address the issue

Proud to be Pinoy!
Level 7

Anytime, as we all are a team @Ronnel, 😊

Sometime there is delay in response from Google team as they are managing 200K+ users, their posts and other program related duties. However, I believe you will be contacted shortly with guidlines on how to report the spamers to Google team.