PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

very pleased to have been accepted to lgsummit17 - thankyou Local Guides Team :)

Australia is in the future which means that the lgsummit17 email would come in over night on Friday night. I was at a big youth activity camp in the bush Tallarook State Forest with almost no mobile data. I kept waking up during the night and checking my email to see if anything had come in. At 6.57am it was time to get up to prepare for the kids to come in for our activity base and I checked messages before hopping out of bed and what do you know, there it is. "You're in". I sat there stunned. The people I was sharing with said I just sat there with a stupid grin on my face. Wow, invited back for another summit. This is amazing. I'm really looking forward to what October will bring. Thanks Local Guides Team! See you soon San Francisco!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
10 comments
Level 10

Re: very pleased to have been accepted to lgsummit17 - thankyou Local Guides Team :)

@PaulPavlinovich You worked hard for it, so you deserve it. See you to in San Fransisco

Connect Moderator

Re: very pleased to have been accepted to lgsummit17 - thankyou Local Guides Team :)

Level 8

You must be so lucky @PaulPavlinovich and I'm so happy and looking forward to meeting you in SF

Level 7

Congratulations @PaulPavlinovich, exciting times ahead
Connect Moderator

Great times coming up indeed @AlMutebi @TravelingZ I'm quite excited even though its still nearly five months away!

Level 8

Congratulation @PaulPavlinovich;

Have you an advice for those who are very sad to not be selected?

Google Map My Contributions | CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL ATTENDEES !!! | What do for the next LG summit 2018
Connect Moderator

@iLoveGoogl do I have advice for people who aren't going this year? Of course, apply again next year that would be the first thing. During this next year (11 months until applications open) think of things you can do that engage other Local Guides and keep contributing. Find something that will bring you to the notice of the Local Guides team. Practice writing your bio - think what being a Local Guide really means to you and why you do things. My reason for coming this year was quite different to last year. Last year I mostly resolved my application around doing service for others to pay back those who have provided great content that have helped me. This year I thought about it a bit more and came to the conclusion that I do this for same reason as last year but also to leave an indelible mark on the world through my photos and reviews that will live longer than me. 

Regards

Paul

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich Congratulations and good advice for Summit 2018 applicants.

Level 8

Congratulations!! Back to back second time!! And all the best for LGS17!! 👏👏🎊 @PaulPavlinovich