HorstPF's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

photo icon disappeared

hi For some reason the icon or text to upload pictures at google maps disappeared. This happens only if i try to upload a photo to a town/city. Within a city it let me upload pictures to places like restaurants or companies. I'm into google local guide for about 3 months now. The first 6 weeks it worked fine, than the icon disappeared at my PC. I used my smart phone instead. Now the same thing happened. Any Solutions?

Bitburg, Deutschland
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Level 9
Solution

Re: photo icon disappeared

@HorstP wrote:

It's kind of sad that those small villages can't be uploaded anymore

It's not that they can't have photos, it's just the way it works - If the village has a shop and a bar and a post office etc, and if people add photos to those individual POI listings, then Google can also add those photos to the village listing. That way photos for the village stay relevant, so if the bar closes and the photo there disappears, it can also disappear from the village's listing. 

View solution in original post

Level 9
Level 9

@HorstP wrote:

This happens only if i try to upload a photo to a town/city.

This is the correct behaviour, we can't add photos to area features like towns or districts, only to point listings, so there is no solution.

I'm surprised you were able to add to areas recently, do you have examples you can share?

Level 8

Hi

look up at Goggle maps a town named Langsur / Germany and a Town named Born / Luxemburg.  They are just taken and uploaded recently.

I'm in a area with low population and there are still many villages with actually no Pictures at all.

At the above towns look if you find any with my Name " Horst Peikert-Faber " That way you can find more towns i posted Pictures.

It's kind of sad that those small villages can't be uploaded anymore, they not even have point listings.

Thanks for the reply

Level 9
Level 9
Solution

@HorstP wrote:

It's kind of sad that those small villages can't be uploaded anymore

It's not that they can't have photos, it's just the way it works - If the village has a shop and a bar and a post office etc, and if people add photos to those individual POI listings, then Google can also add those photos to the village listing. That way photos for the village stay relevant, so if the bar closes and the photo there disappears, it can also disappear from the village's listing.