mahmoud94's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

how to customize a map in order to appear on google search for a specific keywords

hi everyone,

please how to optimize a map in order to appear on google search for a specific keywords ? 

i added a place on google maps 5 days ago but it didn't appear on google search when someone searches for a specific keywords related to this business

what i did ?

1. i completed all information related to this map (business name , address , related categories,website and phone number ) 
  2. i added a lot of photos and videos and collected 23 reviews 
  3. i responded to the reviews and answered the question 
  4. all reviews 5 stars 

on the other side there is a map it doesn't have any photos and has 9 reviews (4.1 stars ) and it appears on google search and maps for this keyword ! 

Need help please  

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: how to customize a map in order to appear on google search for a specific keywords

Hi @mahmoud94 the place will appear in search but it will take time for the information to get through and be indexed. Firstly though, check on the Your Contributions page and see if the edit you did was "Applied" or "Not Applied".

Note that if you are adding a business for yourself or a friend or family member etc this should be done via Google My Business not Google Maps Local Guides.

Regards Paul

Level 6

Re: how to customize a map in order to appear on google search for a specific keywords

thank you @PaulPavlinovich 

but please what's the difference between Google my business and Google Maps Local Guides.? 

sorry for asking 

Connect Moderator

Hi @mahmoud94 

Local Guides is for individuals who want to contribute to Maps. Businesses are not allowed to take part. Local Guides are not allowed to take any advantage.

Google My Business is for supporting businesses have the best possible entry on Maps and gives the business owner significant control over their entry.

Regards Paul