AlexEdgeMedia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Your thoughts about writing a review in 2 languages

Hello everyone,

I live in South Florida where a big part of our community speaks English and Spanish and in a few areas they only speak Spanish.

I was wondering how beneficial can it be if the reviews that I write about certain areas here in South Florida are written in English and then in Spanish (in the same review). I know Google provides a translator but at the same time I know a lot of people who don't  know how to use it. Should I only write the reviews in Spanish instead?

Thanks for your feedback.

2 comments
Level 8

Re: Your thoughts about writing a review in 2 languages

Hi @AlexEdgeMedia,

In Taiwan area, when I looking at the Places:

1.  Maps / Mobile are set to use Chinese

- English reviews still shown.  It is not auto-translated into Chinese

2.  Maps / Mobile are set to use English

- Chinese reviews still shown, English content are more

There is no translation built-in in Maps to read the reviews.  (Even Google Now is not offering translation while reading reviews in Android Maps).

I am sure you are well aware of the above already, but simply I think there is no universial answer to your question.

Connect Moderator

Re: Your thoughts about writing a review in 2 languages

@AlexEdgeMedia hi ..

Thanks for your great question ... 

I have answer and that is my own opinion... 

I have also seen many people who know about Google transactor and they regular use them for translate.. 

But they dont know about Google maps or review ... 

So when i told them about maps contribution they feel wonder how ? ..  we dont know well English . 

I suggest them, u can write review in your language because any one can read these by use google translator ..

They understand easily .....

So i want to say that, No anyone who know about maps but they dont know about to use of Google translator ... \

Or when this is the matter of like as U S country , I think this more easy for use translate....