Dadhairday's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Wrong Place!

I’m passionate that Google Maps accurately represents places I know and love. Vejer seems to be a place where visitors post photos almost randomly on Google Maps. I’ve made an effort to report as many as possible when they are clearly the wrong location. However, I don’t get any feedback on action taken and don’t see much sign of photos being removed. Can anyone explain how the reporting system works? Am I wasting my time?

Vejer de la Frontera, Spain
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Wrong Place!

Hi @Dadhairday,

Thanks for reaching out and contributing. Your help is very much appreciated. Please, have in mind edits on Google Maps take some time to get approved. You can Check the status of your edits. Learn more about how edits are reviewed and approved in this post Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?.

By the way, I relabeled your post to How-tos, as it fits better there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Re: Wrong Place!

Hi @Dadhairday,

Just to let you know, I will merge your post with the ongoing thread Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?. This way Connect stays a bit more organized, thanks. 

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Re: Why is my edit status “Pending” or “Not Applied”?

Hello @VasT (and @AlexaAC),

You wrote, in reply to a post from @Dadhairday regarding the process and length of time it takes to have inappropriate (spam) photos removed:

"Please, have in mind edits on Google Maps take some time to get approved. You can Check the status of your edits. Learn more about how edits are reviewed and approved in this post Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?."

Photos that are flagged by a user/Local Guide do not appear in "Your Contributions" and the subject of this forum post wrt "Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?" doesn't apply.  There is no feedback mechanism available to the Local Guide regarding their request to have a photo removed -- all they can do is repeatedly check to see if the photo(s) are still there and, if so, repeatedly flag the photo.  BTW, Google My Business has a far more active process in place for removal of photos at the request of the business owner.

@Dadhairday, I'm sorry I misinterpreted your question. I agree with @MapWrangler, there isn't a way to receive a feedback if and when your report has been accepted. Reports on maps might take some time to review.

My suggestion for you is to submit this particular idea to the Idea Exchange. To learn more about the Idea Exchange, you can read this article How do I use the Idea Exchange?.

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

@VasT I have done as you suggested and posted in Idea Exchange, thanks