JohnPeter's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

World Sparrow Day - I love Sparrow

Art by Mira, one of the child attended "Happy World sparrow day"  awareness program by CTC AinthinaiArt by Mira, one of the child attended "Happy World sparrow day" awareness program by CTC Ainthinai

I love sparrows because their sounds bringing me back my childhood memories! Unfortunately, cities like Chennai it is very difficult to find sparrows due to pollution, radiation, the lake of food and shelter.  

However, sparrows are helpful in the pollination of many plants, reduce diseases by eating the larvae of mosquito and other insects.  If you find a large number of sparrows in your places, be happy that you are living in a healthy environment.

I got the privilege to attend "Happy World Sparrow Day" awareness program conducted on 17/03/2019 by CTC Ainthinai at Panaiyur, Chennai. Even women and kids eagerly participated in this event. CTC is also involving in birds & Turtle conservation, tree plantation, nursery maintenance and other fitness programs such as Trucking, cycling, swimming etc. If you are in Chennai or visiting Chennai, want to involve in Social activities "Chennai Trucking Club - CTC" is the best community driven club to involve.  

Instructions given by CTC resource person Mr. SivakumarInstructions given by CTC resource person Mr. Sivakumar"Happy World Sparrow Day" event participants"Happy World Sparrow Day" event participants To get the feel of Sparrow's sound, I have love birds at our terrace garden. Sometimes sparrows come to eat the spill out from Lovebirds cage. So today with the help of my daughter "Elda" we have tied two separate pots for sparrows for shelter, kept food and water pots. 

My daughter Elda helping me in mixing the foodMy daughter Elda helping me in mixing the food

Home Sweet home, delicious foodHome Sweet home, delicious food

Water Pot, also replacing my Loverbirds Plastic water container as summer beginsWater Pot, also replacing my Loverbirds Plastic water container as summer begins

Now waiting and watching for my new guests!

I love Sparrow!!!

Save Sparrow !!!  

Thanks 

John Peter 

3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: World Sparrow Day - I love Sparrow

Happy World Sparrow Day @JohnPeter! This is wonderful to teach and encourage children especially your daughter to make it a safer, cleaner world for birds like the sparrow to continue to survive.

Hope your daughter gets to see a nest form on your terrace garden and be able to watch the “beauty of life” - baby chicks hatching and growing up to fly away this summer.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Hai Brother, 

Happy to see your contribution for Sparrows. Really we all should do like this. 

Few days back only I watched 2.0 movie. It's a true message. 

Kindly keep update me regularly on Local Guide Meet up.

My Contact Number : 9962059118

Pls add me in What's App Group if any available

Bhaarath Karunagaran
Level 8

@JohnPeter @Bhaarath @KarenVChin Good post on Sparrows... Do read my recent post on Sparrows