Sagir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

World Heart Day 2023

Sagir indicating a heart sign with his hand.Sagir indicating a heart sign with his hand.

29th September is World Heart ❤️ Day (WHD). It is a day set aside to raise awareness about cardiovascular diseases (a group of disorders of the heart and blood vessels) their prevention, and the promotion of heart-healthy habits.

Approximately 17.9 million people die every year of cardiovascular disease. They are the leading cause of heart attacks and strokes worldwide. (Source: WHO)

More than 4 out of 5 cardiovascular disease deaths are due to heart attacks and strokes, and one third of these deaths occur prematurely in people under 70 years of age. (source: WHO)  

This year’s Theme "Use Heart ❤️, Know Heart ❤️," focuses on the essential step of knowing our hearts first, because we can love and protect only what we know; and when we know more, we can take better care of our hearts. 

To Reduce the Risk of Cardiovascular Disease 

• Eat healthy.  
  • Eat more fruit and vegetables.  
  • Reduce salt in the diet. 
  • Engage in regular physical activity. not necessarily going to the gym; even walking or being active in the house can go a long way  
  • Maintain a healthy weight. Know your numbers. (weight, BP & BMI)
  • Avoid smoking and exposure to secondhand smoke. 
  • Control your cholesterol, blood pressure and blood sugar levels. 
  • Drink alcohol only in moderation. 
  • Manage stress. 

source: online.source: online.

This World Heart Day, take a pledge to know your heart health for a healthier tomorrow. Take care of your heart! ❤️

Best regards,

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

8 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: World Heart Day 2023

Hello @Sagir 

Your very nice smile and love sign drew me to this post !!! Iys very heart warming. Yes the heart is very very important indeed.

Happy world heart day to you and other local guides around the world. Keep health and safe. Take care of your heart and your health in general.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

thanks for your kind words @SholaIB 

Best regards.

Connect Moderator

Happy World Heart Day dear @Sagir and to all of us as well. Like @SholaIB , I really enjoy your big smile here! Thank you sharing with us and for the awareness raising on our hearts' health.

Cheers to all of our health, happiness  and beyond

Connect Moderator

Thanks @indahnuria 👍

Big virtual hug 🤗🫂 from Atlantic shores of Africa...

Kindest regards...

Level 10

Very touching shot... Your smile came out extremely natural... my dear friend @Sagir...

Happy World Heart Day... 

Thanks... "To Reduce the Risk of Cardiovascular Disease" tips all are practical and valuable.

Most sincerely with humble regards 

🙏🙏🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Connect Moderator

Thanks for your kind words 🙏

@TravellerG Sir.

Your support 💘 is well appreciated.

Level 10

Hi Sagir,

That stat about annual death from hear related death is quite mind blowing, wow. 

Thank you for sharing also ways to keep the heart healthy. 

Level 10

Most welcome, my dear @Sagir,

Loved your post... 

Once again thank you. 

🙏

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me