Kamalhasnainee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Winter Storm Warning in North Carolina by "Google Public Alerts" a nice feature

Hello friends, usually I wanted to browse my contributions on Google Maps suddenly I have seen a pop up message that were showing on my screen with an warning message and that is "Winter Storm Warning: North Carolina". First time It was happened to me. I was surprised really. I have clicked on that pop up message link where they are showing the details which is updating and publishing by Google Crisis Response.  

There I have found the "Ways to prepare and stay safe now" messages for us like-

During
Stay indoors during the storm.
Prolonged exposure to cold can cause hypothermia.
Walk and drive carefully on icy sidewalks and roads.
Many injuries and accidents are caused by slippery conditions.
Before driving, let someone know your destination, route, and expected time of arrival.
If your car gets stuck, it’ll be easier to find you.
If you lose feeling and color in your nose, ears, hands, or feet, cover the exposed area, avoid rubbing your skin, and seek medical help immediately.
You may have frostbite.
When shoveling snow, take breaks and lift lighter loads.
Working too hard can lead to heart attacks.
Stay dry.
Wet clothes make you lose body heat, increasing your risk of hypothermia.

Pop up warning message feature on Google MapsPop up warning message feature on Google MapsAffected Areas are showing by Google.orgAffected Areas are showing by Google.org

That's why I love google maps & our community around the world. It is really for ourselves to be safe always.  

Thanks to #Google #OnGoogleMaps #LetsGuide #GooglePublicAlerts #GoogleCrisisResponse #LocalGuides #LocalGuidesConnect

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
North Carolina, USA
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Winter Storm Warning in North Carolina by "Google Public Alerts" a nice feature

@Kamalhasnainee This a very helpful and important feature of Maps. 

Thanks for inform us about this matter.  

Stay alert!  

Happy Guiding!

Google Moderator

Re: Winter Storm Warning in North Carolina by "Google Public Alerts" a nice feature

Hello @Kamalhasnainee,

Thank you for sharing this useful information!

Now that the cold weather is here with all the snow and ice, everyone should be twice more careful on the road and on the sidewalk as well.

By the way, I will relabel your post to Local Stories as it fits better there.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

You are welcome @MoniDi. Yes you are right that we should be careful about cold and on the road for sidewalk and driving.

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh