KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Wine Tasting Adventure in California

@KarenVChin

I can talk for hours about wine in Moldova.=)))  It has ages long heritage and renowned world wide

I will include links to most famous wineries in Moldova, but there are many more.. take a look at the links they are awesome

If you want we can talk latter or even organize visit but I need to know more about you and what you do

Just FYI Queen Elisabeth favorite Cabernet is from Moldova, and she has Been drinking it for at least 30 let .

Cricova Cellars

In this beautiful place, preserved the true traditions of fresh champagne making. „Cricova” is the first enterprise in Moldova that produces sparkling wines as it was prepared by a monk - winemaker Pierre Perignon - „Methode Traditionelle”.

Purcari Winery

Milesti Mici

Castel MiMI

2) What is Moldovan wine famous for? Red, white, or bubbly? All of the above. .

Yes you are right they are famous all of the above including Rose 

My favorite Moldavian wine is  Timbrus Viorica 🙂

@INGA1 @Julien44 @AlejandraMaría @davidhyno @Giuseppe75 @FaridMonti @TorM @LuigiZ 

Regards

Kristina

Kristina Ibragimova
Level 10

@KarenVChin 

I add this link to see all Moldavian wine Best Moldavian Wine

Kristina Ibragimova
Connect Moderator

Thank you for taking the time in putting this Moldova wineries list together together @KristinaIBRA.

Excited to know more about your country. I know @ErmesT is excited to know Moldova makes bubbly now. I’m sure he is thinking how he can get his hands on a bottle to try. I will be taking your list to go find me a bottle too.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@KarolT - thanks. Please do share your knowledge of Slovakia wines.  I know @ErmesT @Giuseppe75 @TorM @AlejandraMaria @AntonellaGr @LuigiZ @KristinaIBRA @FaridTDF would also be interested what your country has to offer,

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

@KarenVChin thank you for tagging me and would be happy to learn more from @KarolT.about Slovakia wines 

By the way,  I read again your pleasant story and found so nice and original that 

Iron Horse charges $30/per wine flight tasting.  That's so good when we discover places encouraging and promoting their products making the experience of guests as much convenient they can. Do you agree? 

Level 8

Hi @KarenVChin @LuigiZ @ermest 

We have about 5 wine regions in Slovakia. 

Most famous is Tokaji region on hungarian border.

They produce mainly special putna selection sweet wine for aperitive.

Karol

Karol Tomasch
Level 8

DSCF1062c.jpg

Wine producer from Tokaji region 

Karol Tomasch
Level 8

Hi @KarenVChin @Giuseppe75

Link on website:

https://tokajregion.sk

Karol

Karol Tomasch
Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

@Giuseppe75 - the idea of charging a fee to taste wine is more about having serious customers trying out the wine than some just wanting to drink for free. Also by charging a fee, this also reduces the amount of drunkenness because if one pays, there is only a certain amount of wine being poured.

I can tell you for $30/pp for tasting either red, white, or bubbly here in Iron Horse. There were at least 8 half glasses of wine to taste. @ErmesT tasted red and I tasted bubbly. We were there for 3 hours sipping, chatting with the staff and the other customers (wine makes you more friendly = )). Also if you purchased something, Iron Horse would not charge for the tasting. So, Ermes paid for a limited edition estate bottled of wine and took it home and we didn't have to have to pay for the tasting because he purchased.

Cheers,

Karen