sohelization's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Why night mode view for Google Street View?

I got a chance to visit UK Last year, where in Google Maps helped me a lot, also when i was offline. When i had the internet access, I downloaded the offline map of the whole London, Directions from point 1 to point 2 worked really well with voice. I also explored the street view which was working awesome and helped a lot to unknown place.

Just when i reached a place called Oxford Street, The nighttime captures were taken after the sun set, in September 2018. Google Maps Street View: https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5152419,-0.1427148,3a,75y,236.35h,98.65t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1szoRgleI...

Google Street View Night Mode, after sunset captureGoogle Street View Night Mode, after sunset capture

It looks something different and good to view, but it struggles to navigate in night mode. As a User Experience designer it wasn't a good experience.

Please do share your views, This is the very first of my Local Guides Connect Post. Though I am a Local Guide with 10+M of views

4 comments
Level 4

Re: Why night mode view for Google Street View?

Just viewed the night mode, looks good but i find it difficult to reach out when i might use. Night mode doesnt look good on  everything

Level 3

Nice observation, thanks for sharing. Keep posting

Google Moderator

Hello @sohelization,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience on using Google Maps. I would like to let you know that, I will move your post to the Local Stories topic label where it will get better attention. 

Idea Exchange is a place on Connect for Local Guides to share their feedback and ideas with our team to tell us about a way to improve the Local Guides program.

To learn more about the Idea Exchange, you can read this article How do I use the Idea Exchange?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 1
Level 1

This Geo Location is definitely Piccadilly in COD Modern Warfare.