AniaKiser's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Why don't you travel on a budget?!

@TorM When you are around, let me know, maybe finally we manage to meet in Poland 😊 When it comes to sleeping in a car - mine is too small to get quality relaxation at night. 😉 At least I require a tent 😂...but a hammock would be also a comfortable solution. 🙂 Only I need protection (like "OFF"), so mosquitos wouldn't eat me alive. 😂

Connect Moderator

Very glad to see number (8) here @AniaKiser I've helped a few people through the medical maze of the USA and without insurance you could be in debt for the rest of your life or simply go untreated.

Great set of tips and they are the kinds of things that I'll do.

Do you plan too many places for each day? I always fall into this trap!

I try to pay for as much in advance as I can where I'm sure its going to happen, or I can get a refund because it makes it easier when you arrive to know everything is already covered as much as possible.

Its always trying to find some locals too - they can help you find the most amazing things or tell you if a place you're planning to say is safe or give you suggestions on areas that are cheaper but just as nice.

Paul

Level 9

@PaulPavlinovich How are you? 🙂 Do you plan any travel abroad as Australia allows you to have more freedom after all these lockdowns? I used to plan too many activities for one day, of course, I wanted to see as many places and attractions as possible, hovever over the years I'd rather stay for a longer moment at a place I really enjoy than run from one point to another. I try to focus more on experiencing a place and the ambient then on checking out the main tourist attractions in a hurry, but it took me a long time to get to these conclusions.😂

As you said, health care in USA is tricky, and I always buy the best travel insurance, when planning to visit this country. It's not enough to cross your fingers wishing "nothing is gonna happen" 😉 I always say "It's better be safe than sorry". 🙂

Connect Moderator

Oh there are two more tips I thought of....

Always make sure you have underwear and basic toiletries in your carry on (if you're allowed in the countries you're traveling in) in case they lose your luggage. Putting a tracking tag in your bags can be handy too so you know where they are when the airline loses them.

I have a condition that requires me to keep regular, enough said on that topic, but I bring the products I need with me (after checking they are allowed locally).

Paul

Connect Moderator

Yes international travel is on the cards @AniaKiser we were hoping to do a trip next year, but now that interest rates are flying up we need to see how that settles before making any concrete plans.

Level 9

I know what you mean @PaulPavlinovich. The economic situation in Poland after Covid (during? because the statistics are getting worse again 🙄) is more complicated now, adding the war in Ukraine to it, the future is even more unpredictable. More than ever I'm thankful we're safe and healthy. 😊 Hugs to you and your family! 🤗

Connect Moderator

That is indeed the most important thing @AniaKiser with happy and healthy we're the richest people in the world. 

We've got some flight credits from a covid cancelled holiday so we have some options but it won't be a far away trip.

Paul

Level 9

@AniaKiser 

Yes paratha of wheat flour  add salt of taste, pepper powder little add milk make dough make chappati instead of oil we use pure ghee roasted it on pan. Spread it on kitchen napkin let cool then packed it  we take fry patotes /   Bitter Gourd ( remove skin make a slit fry  after frying add all powder in the silt & saute it.)   Powder - add salt, red chilli, coriander powder, pinch mango powder. Mix well this u can eat  add to potato / bitter gourd saute it  eat with paratha. 

2 nd one we make Thepla of fenugreek leaves in wheat flour add fenugreek leaves, oil, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander power,mix well make dough make chappati apply ghee on it roast on pan. Let it cool packet it. You have it with curd, pickle, or have it with tea coffe. 

Lastly I forgot to mention in India 🇮🇳 we have medical insurance for a year. If not used it keeps on adding bonus of for next year. I have taken of nearly 7000 $ & pay nearly 274 $  for it every year it goes on we have pay renewal. This year had pay 444 $  but paid for 2 years in advance so had pay  624 $ for 2 years. 

Yes it's rule when u go aboard then take travel policy. U need to pay extra bit it cover health plus luggage also. 

Level 8

Hey @AniaKiser  thanks for sharing this post with us , it's very important for a traveller to do their trips on budget and all the suggestions provided bye you is amazing , have a nice day 😊.

Level 9

@RosyKohli You recipes sound very tasty 😋😋😋 Can you share photos with us? 🙂